Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ranking question with drag&drop

Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #80973

• eneldo
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with implementation drag'n'drop functionality into my survey. I am doing as it is described here: docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...ag_and_Drop_Rankings

- I set "Filter HTML for XSS" to "Off"
- I modify template.js with code provided in the link (wheter i tried to paste the code at the end of the file or in the middle, it doesn't make any difference)
- I paste code in the source of the ranking question (is SGQA for ranking question <survey number>X<group number>X<question number>?)
- I modify template.css with code provided in the link

and despite that the question is still usual ranking question, not ranking question with d&d.

Please help. I'm not very good at programming so I simply paste the code. (and yeah, i know d&d functionality is only a workaround but maybe someone can tell me if I'm doing sth wrong).

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #80976

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 826
Where the workaround says "replace "QQ" with the ranking question ID", it means only the ID, not the full SGQA.

Use just this:

Capture_2012-05-27.JPG
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eneldo

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #80978

• eneldo
  • Fresh Lemon
damn you :)

it works!

i thought i was trying to do that way at the beginning, but obviously i placed the number with the id. i was mistaken with the link to the description of SGQA.

many many thanks. now i can conduct my conjoint survey :)
it is great that you act so fast on this forum.

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81005

• eneldo
  • Fresh Lemon
hey, it's me again.

i need your help with one other thing. could you tell me which is the best way to let text in dragndrop boxers be listed. editing in html code doesn't make look my box what i want to.

i mean i want the box look like this:

"offer 1

attribute 1: a
attribute 2: a
etc."

and this is how i fullfil the ranking answer.
but all i can get is the box which looks like q1, option3 in here: docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...rsion_1.90_and_newer

which is the easiest way to achieve what i want.

thanks in advance.

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81036

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I'm afraid I don't know what you want.

Can you provide illustrations?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81046

• eneldo
  • Fresh Lemon
ok, once again.

i want to conduct conjoint type research in which we present different job offers. there will be 16 offers. each offer is described by the set of 6 attributes, such as payment, days of work etc. people who will be examined have to compare offers and rank them from the one their like the best.

now, i want offers to be legible. i want each attribute in the new line as i present in the previous post:

""offer 1

attribute 1: a
attribute 2: a"

i can't achieve this with the html editor of the ranking answers (<br> doesn't work). all i can get is as i present on the picture

example.jpg

everything is in constant line which turns into another line with the end of the width of the box, and i want to have each attribute in the new line - in this case for offer 8:

"OFERTA 8

wynagrodzenie: 15zł/h
rodzaj umowy: cywilnoprawna
etc."
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by eneldo.

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81050

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Ah. I see. No, you can't use HTML when editing the answers because they are initially loaded into dropdown select elements which don't accept HTML.

Try this:

Add a period to your answers where you want linebreaks - "OFERTA 8.wynagrodzenie: 15zł/h.rodzaj umowy: cywilnoprawna.etc."

And then, in the code, change this line:
var liCode = '<li class="ui-state-default" id="choice_' + $(this).attr("value") + '">' + this.text + '</li>'

To this:
var liCode = '<li class="ui-state-default" id="choice_' + $(this).attr("value") + '">' + $(this).html().replace(/,/g,'<br />') + '</li>'

The new code will find all periods in the rank choices and replace them with <br /> elements.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81052

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Sorry, made a mistake in my code - use this:
var liCode = '<li class="ui-state-default" id="choice_' + $(this).attr("value") + '">' + $(this).html().replace(/\./g,'<br />') + '</li>'
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81058

• eneldo
  • Fresh Lemon
and one more question (stupid, i presume):

where can i find this code? not in the ranking answer, not in the html of the site with question, not in the exported lsq or lss file. so where?
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by eneldo.

Re: Ranking question with drag&drop 2 years 5 months ago #81059

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
It's in the workaround code you copied to template.js.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Donation Image