Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue

LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80281

• mkb
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I have a survey with 5 multiple choice question groups.
There are five pictures in each group. (they only select one picture per question). I have a max of 1.

So if they choose picture1 in the first group...picture1 will not show up in the following groups. I am using the array filter exclusion to do this by putting in the previous question ID.

I have that working for the first two questions...here is my problem.

Say the user chooses picture1 on the first group then picture2 on the second group...on the third group it should not show picture1 or picture2..but for some reason it shows picture1.

I tried putting in the array exclusion area q1;q2 and q1,q2.. but it then makes q3 not show any pictures at all.

I cant use ranking...these questions are not based that way and the user needs to see a clean set of pictures without their previous answers being shown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Marilyn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80284

• mkb
  • Junior Lime
Checked all 5 groups. It is only hiding the previous answer...not the previous answer(s). I need it to hide all the previous answers

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80287

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
are there any errors shown via the Show Survey Logic button?

If not, please attach the survey so it can be tested.

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80289

• mkb
  • Junior Lime
The logic file shows no errors.

I moved the five questions to the beginning of the survey. Groups are:
life1, life2, life3, life4, life5

I also need to make 4 more of these sets, once I get this one going I will be fine.

Thank you,
Marilyn
Attachments:

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80290

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Your logic file is fine. You've found a bug.

It does work properly in all-in-one mode (with a separate bugfix from today).

I'll open a bug report about the fact that it doesn't work in group-by-group or question-by-question mode.

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80291

• mkb
  • Junior Lime
Dang...I would rather it be something I did lol. How long do bugs usually take to fix? Any other suggestions on how I could do this? From what I read I think it doesn't work with radio buttons either.

Thanks so much for taking a look at my topic,
Marilyn

OOOH one more thing...how would I go about reporting issues I found wrong in LS V2. I was playing around with that for a week and found a couple things.

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80315

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
@mkb: Please report all bugs at our bugtracker (bugs.limesurvey.org and attach your survey).

@Tom: Do you have a link to a bug report or can you describe the bug and its results on running surveys?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80319

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Here is the bug report - bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=6087

I've mostly fixed it (works for cascaded array_filter and array_filter_exclude, but not yet for mixture of array_filter and array_filter_exclude). I expect to finish off the fix this weekend.

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80323

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
This bug has been fixed.

Re: LS 1.92.....Multiple choice questions and array filter exclusion issue 2 years 5 months ago #80332

• mkb
  • Junior Lime
Hi, TY so much for having that bug fixed so fast!!

I tried the ComfortUpdate and it did update a couple of the files I saw in the bug fix area. But it didn't work..still having the issue.

When I click on the file link in the bug area it opens the code...with no download link. The download button..takes me to a place where I can download a zip but it has a whole bunch of folders. I unzipped and cant find the Application/helpers files.

Maybe I havent had enough coffee this morning..but I am not understanding how to apply your fix.

Thanks again for the great help,
M
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image