Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working?

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78566

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
weird: with default theme and another question it doesn't work either. Will try the cache again.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78567

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
TMSWhite wrote:
Denis-

Exclusive option does accurately hide questions already (using relevance criteria). Refactoring would be needed if we wanted to disable them but not hide them. I tried a simple change of having relevance always disable questions instead of hide them, but that looks awful (e.g. array-filtered rows would still appear, but be disabled). So, disabling questions for exclusive option would require pulling it out of the internal relevance criteria and create a different set of logic for it.
Yep,

It's why i say hide the input and not deactiavte it.

Maybe a solution is
replace all hide() in LimeExpressionManager.php by
lshide({$arg})

And add in survey_runtime:
jQuery.fn.lshide = function(qid) {
    $(this).hide();
};
jQuery.fn.lsshow = function(qid) {
    $(this).show();
};
After we can do some test on qid class:
if ($("#question"+qid).hasClass('multiple-opt')){
    $(this)find('input').hide();
}else{
    $(this).hide();
}
};

I made a quick test with:
    $(this).find('input').hide();
};
jQuery.fn.lsshow = function(qid) {
    $(this).find('input').show();
};
Here: limesurvey.sondages.pro/36161/lang-en
It work like a charm.

I didn't make something for group, but we still use something like this.

Denis

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78568

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
There was a standard set of EM-related CSS added to to all templates. I believe Citronade's version of those additions were refactored in an effort to simplify/reduce the EM-related CSS. Try replacing the Citronate-version of EM CSS with that from the default template and see if that fixes it for you.

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78569

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
I just tried with another question following this one (codes seem to be fine, looked in the logik file) but it just doesn't do anything (default theme, cache cleared, etc.).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78570

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
I test with actual citronade,

No problem it work like a charm.

Can you export your survey ?

Denis

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78572

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Denis-

That's an interesting strategy. That would let authors customize individual questions, especially if those functions could be overloaded within template.js

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78579

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Dennis!

I wouldn't want to publish the survey here.

Additionally, the thing doesn't work for some questions with the default template either. don't know what is wrong. It has worked, and now it doesn. Weird.

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78580

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
holch - does show survey logic show any errors?

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78581

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
It is really weired: I have two very similar questions. One works, one doesn't. They are just one after the other.

The survey logic files are fine for both. One difference between the two that I can see: the exclusive codes for the question that works are one digit, the ones for the question that doesn't work are two digits.

Is there a way to send you the file via email or something?

Re: Exclusive options for Multiple choice not working? 2 years 4 months ago #78588

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
TMSWhite wrote:
Denis-

That's an interesting strategy. That would let authors customize individual questions, especially if those functions could be overloaded within template.js
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5807 :laugh: ;)

But need some time
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Donation Image