Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question Index - Showing the complete index

Question Index - Showing the complete index 2 years 6 months ago #77487

• starguide
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

we are using version 1.92+ and so far everything works great. There is just one thing, we are curious about and I was not able to find a real answer for, so far.

Is it possible to show the complete question index, on the right side, right away from the start? We would like to be able to jump from, let's say, question group 2 to question group 10 right away, without having to "next"-click through all the groups in between. This is necessary, because we use it in field experiments and do not answer the question groups always in the same order.

Right now, we click "next" on all question groups at the beginning, so the whole index becomes visible, and then jump back to group 1 and start from there. Works, but is kind of annoying when having 25 question groups.

Maybe somebody knows a workaround for this. Would be greatly appreciated!

starguide
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Question Index - Showing the complete index 2 years 6 months ago #77489

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
That's an interesting idea, but would require customization of the code - addition of a survey-level variable like "show_whole_index", and some relatively small changes to the code to generate and display the entire index.

Aw: Re: Question Index - Showing the complete index 2 years 6 months ago #77522

• starguide
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your answer, that doesn't sound too bad!

I took a quick lock at the code that generates the index in the group.php, but unfortunately my php knowledge is limited (especially with a project I'm not very familiar with) and I couldn't figure out yet, how to generate the entire index.

If anybody feels like spending a few minutes taking a look at how this could be done, I would be very thankful!

starguide

Re: Aw: Re: Question Index - Showing the complete index 2 years 6 months ago #77542

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
There are some dependencies when implementing such a "jump to"-list, e.g. conditions or certain Expression Manager settings might cause problems.
Do you use any of them?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Aw: Re: Question Index - Showing the complete index 2 years 6 months ago #77546

• starguide
  • Fresh Lemon
No, we only use conditions within a question group (to show or hide a question depending on a question within that same group), but never between groups. So the question index is in all our surveys "static", no matter what the people answer. Obviously, we also only use the "group-by-group" mode.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by starguide.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Donation Image