Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Linking two surveys

Linking two surveys 2 years 7 months ago #77479

• pksupport
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
A lecturer has asked for a survey which is actually two separate surveys. Users answer yes or no to question 1 and they are then taken through survey A or Survey B. The surveys are virtually identical. Normally I would create Survey A; export and import as Survey B. The decision as to which survey to do would be offered in an email with two links. This is not evidently ok. I don't want to put a condition on every question and then add all those questions again and change the condition for those - it seems very clumsy to me. So instead if I create a survey just to ask the yes/no question; is there a way to have a new survey load from the response? Should I just create a redirect from a autoload web page at the end of the yes/no survey? I am worried that redirects might fail in some browsers etc. So I need a feature which enables a "portal" question in some way. Hope this clear. Thanks very much. pk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Linking two surveys 2 years 7 months ago #77607

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 274
Users answer yes or no to question 1 and they are then taken through survey A or Survey B
You can use custom javascript for this or LS buit-in quotas feature...

Other way:
- turn on the assessment module
- set points for your Q1: eg. answer Yes=1pt and No= 0pt
- in the body message for each assessment possible value, set your redirect (using javascript or meta-refresh)

Ben/
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Donation Image