Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned

Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77303

Hi,

I have a conditioned question that only shows up if a previous question is given a specific answer.

This conditioned question has a time limit that should start running only when the previous question is answered (or: when the conditioned question shows up).

Now the problem: the time limit starts running immediately when the page loads, so when the conditioned question actually shows up, it has less time limit then it should.

Is it supposed to be like this?

Thanks,
David
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77304

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 318
I guess there is no way around this, if both questions are on the same page. Maybe you can move the timed question to another page?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77305

I can, but I was kind of hoping not to...

Re: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77306

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
I am not an expert in this, but I guess the timer is triggered by an onload event and the question itself needs to be there already, if it is on the same page, otherwise you can't show it without a page reload.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77307

That's a bummer.

It does make sense though that if a question has a time limit and is conditioned to only show up after a specific event, that the time limit should start only when the question shows up.

Would be nice to see this implemented.

Re: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77308

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, maybe I am wrong. This is just my interpretation of this.

I think the problem is that it is one the same page. I am not sure how this problem could be solved for the same page surveys. Maybe someone of the developers has a better answer.

I am not really a developer, so that is just the explanation of an amateur. :-)

Re: Time limit starts running even though question is conditioned 2 years 5 months ago #77309

I see. Well, thanks for your input, it's been helpful none the less. :)
For now I "isolated" the conditioned question to its own page, so it won't matter if the time limit starts running when the page loads.

If there's a different solution for this I'd be happy to hear it.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image