Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload"

Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77235

• Nicolai
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi.

Is it possible to able to combine the question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" in a survey?

I'm looking for a type of question where you first have "List with Comments" and underneath "File Upload".

Can it be done via a workaround or would it be a nice-to-have feature?

Nicolai
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77243

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
You can use CSS to make the 2 questions appear as one but the details of the styles required would depend on which template you are using.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77244

• Nicolai
  • Fresh Lemon
Im using the citronade template

so: two questions that can be presentet as one?
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Nicolai.

Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77259

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
At end of your template.css, after replacing QQ1 and QQ2 by your question number:
#questionQQ1{border-bottom-width:0;}
#questionQQ1,#questionQQ1 .answers-wrapper,#questionQQ1 .question-help{margin-bottom:0}
#questionQQ2,#questionQQ2 .question-text{margin-top:0}

Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77271

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Denis should know - he developed the template! :cheer:
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77278

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
tpartner wrote:
Denis should know - he developed the template! :cheer:
Yep,

But with 192, it's not too clean than before. Some CSS cleanup to do, for example remove some margin in question-text and question-help. Maybe some bottom-margin on question-wrapper ...

Denis

Aw: Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77709

• ChrWen
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everyone.

I've tried to combine two different questiontypes with the above mentioned code
#questionQQ1{border-bottom-width:0;}
#questionQQ1,#questionQQ1 .answers-wrapper,#questionQQ1 .question-help{margin-bottom:0}
#questionQQ2,#questionQQ2 .question-text{margin-top:0}

Does this only works for the citronade template? I've added the code at the end of my template.css, but nothing changed.
(I replaced the "QQ1" and "QQ2" with the respective Question IDs in my survey.)

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Aw: Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77711

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
That code is specific to the citronade template. Every template has a different structure so you will need to explore the source to find the correct selectors to use for styles.

Check out Firebug for Firefox or use the developer tools shipped with Chrome.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Combine question types "List with Comments" and "File Upload" 2 years 6 months ago #77733

• ChrWen
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the quick response. I will check my css, perhaps I find something useful.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Donation Image