Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor

Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76473

• brazz
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello guys, my first post here.

I did a little search on the forums, but since I´m rather new to some of the concepts I need to implement, I couldn´t find too much stuff to help me out.

I´m building a few survey groups that are quite simple and where students will be able to evaluate the school. I have this one survey where things get complicated and it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction on where to start.

I would have two dropdowns like it shows in the image. The one on the top has all the disciplines in the university and the one on the bottom has the professors associated with those disciplines.

The survey would load up bellow the dropdowns. After the user completed the survey he would click on NEXT and be done with it.

That particular survey would have to be linked to the discipline-coordinator chosen.

Something to consider, the survey is always the same, what needs to be stored is the user´s answers regarding the combination that he chose.

I hope you guys understand.

best regards,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76480

• bwoo5
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
You could have a 1 drop down containing all of the disciplines. Then you could have a few drop downs with the different professors for each discipline and have conditionals on those to only show if the discipline is chosen in the first drop down. Then just make them all mandatory so that no one can hit submit if they haven't chosen a discipline and a professor.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76496

• brazz
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi bwoo5, thanks for the answer. I´m looking into conditions right now and will test it out.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76556

• brazz
  • Fresh Lemon
hey guys,

Where do I use the question attributes? I got a list of them on the manual, but I have no idea where to use them.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76563

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
What are you exactly referring to? A little more detail would be great.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76567

• brazz
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi holch. You´re absolutely right.

I´m refering to what I read in this site about limesurvey.
www.uvm.edu/it/survey/?Page=Lime%20Surve...#Question_Attributes

It lists those question attributes and they´re quite interesting, but I have no idea where to use them.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76568

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
I think you may be referring to the question settings found at the bottom of the screen when editing a question:

Capture_2012-03-14.PNG
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76569

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
I don't think that documentation is very up to date. I would use ours - docs.limesurvey.org/
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76574

• brazz
  • Fresh Lemon
From that manual link I sent, it´s several little expresions. There´s no place to use them in the advanced settings from what I can see.

Maybe it´s an old version of limesurvey where they could add those expressions.

Thanks for the link tpartner.

Re: Survey for students to evaluate Discipline-Professor 2 years 7 months ago #76575

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
Those things should be found in the advanced settings of the questions. Probably they are already available as an option. But please not that not all attributes will be available for each question type.

This site also looks pretty old to me.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image