Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: token fields not populating in reminder email

token fields not populating in reminder email 2 years 7 months ago #76401

Tried searching for this but was unable to locate anything on the subject. The reminder email template does not seem to be accepting the token fields and default survey fields that were inserted in the text. The same formatting was used in the invitation email with no issues. I've attached a screen shot of the email that's received by the addressee. Any guideance would be appreciated. I am using version 1.92.

Thanks.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: token fields not populating in reminder email 2 years 7 months ago #76405

Okay. I just dicovered what seems to be the problem, though I do not know how to fix it. When sending a reminder email, the brackets surrounding the include field names in the template disappear but the field names are still present. This seems to be contained to the reminder emails only. Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem and how I could repair it? We are trying to launch our survey right away.

Thanks.

Re: token fields not populating in reminder email 2 years 7 months ago #76453

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

perhaps it will help to write the token fields like {FIRSTNAME} in HTML view and then save the template.

For me it looks like the ExpressionManager tries to handle the token fields. Perhaps it's a EM related bug, you can create a new issue at bugs.limesurvey.org/ so a LimeSurvey developer can have a look at it. It would be nice if you can reproduce your problem, I tried it myself but didn't encounter the mentioned problem.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: token fields not populating in reminder email 2 years 7 months ago #76457

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 844
Hello,

Yep, maybe you discover a bug .

But, anyway,
- Try with {TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} and with {FIRSTNAME}
- Deactivate the HTML editor ( in your personnal settings) can be a great solution too.

AND:
Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release. If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...
  1. Give as much information as possible
  2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.
  3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
  4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image