Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: same survey on a bunch of computer

same survey on a bunch of computer 2 years 6 months ago #76390

• nerial
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I would like to make a bunch of people (15) answer the same survey at the same time in the same place (one room). The problem is that all these computers seem to share the same IP and the limesurvey session are all mixed up. When you answer on a computer, you see the answers on another, then when you finish a survey, all the other one seem to bug (different error msg).

Is there a simple solution to this problem ?

The survey is public, there's no cookie activated and no special security (to accept multiple surveys on a same computer).

thanks,
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nerial.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: same survey on a bunch of computer 2 years 6 months ago #76397

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
That sounds weird...

1. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

2. Do you use tokens?

3. Why does each PC have the same IP? In that case they wouldn't even be able to have access to the internet, so this might be an internal problem!?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: same survey on a bunch of computer 2 years 6 months ago #76402

• nerial
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the reply.

1 - I'm using 1.91+ Build 120302
2 - I don't use tokens
3 - I've not visited the place. What I know is that it's a room of PC's (on IE) connected to the same internal network and on the internet. Could it be a proxy maybe ? Well I don't understand but they definitely share something :-D. I've asked to know more about their installation.

Re: same survey on a bunch of computer 2 years 6 months ago #76415

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 324
3. Why does each PC have the same IP? In that case they wouldn't even be able to have access to the internet, so this might be an internal problem!?

I guess he refers to the external IP, which in most cases will be the same for a company, as they share the same access to the internet. The internal IP should of course be different for each computer.

But honestly, this sounds like a very weird problem. This would mean that LS wouldn't work in large corporations, where more than one person answers the questionnaire. I highly doubt that.

Especially as the session should be per computer, and not per internet access. But then, maybe they have a weired proxy configuration?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: same survey on a bunch of computer 2 years 6 months ago #76456

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 818
holch wrote:
But honestly, this sounds like a very weird problem. This would mean that LS wouldn't work in large corporations, where more than one person answers the questionnaire. I highly doubt that.

Especially as the session should be per computer, and not per internet access. But then, maybe they have a weired proxy configuration?
LimeSurvey can deal with "Only one IP/ multi computer" without problem.

You can test yourself: Open a survey with FireFox with your computer, open the survey with Chromium with the same computer, open the survey with Midori on the same computer etc ... You can answer 3 times on the 3 browser ( different answer etc ;)).

It's not a LS problem i think, here i think there are a web proxy with bad Session managing. All user share the same session, only a proxy can do that.

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image