Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I change the survey width??

How do I change the survey width?? 2 years 6 months ago #75322

• jsmello
  • Junior Lime
How do I change the survey width in normal group of question? I need it because I want to "uniform" the pages width.

I've used the following code and it is not working:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

$(document).ready(function() {

/////// Survey layout manipulation ////////

// Fix the width of the survey
    $( 'table.outerframe' ).css({
        'width': '1060px'
    });

});

</script>

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 2 years 6 months ago #75331

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
1) What template are you using?

2) Do you want to fix the width of all survey pages or only specific ones?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 2 years 6 months ago #75341

• jsmello
  • Junior Lime
1) I'm using the default template.

2) I'd like to fix the width of specifics surveys. Why?

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 2 years 6 months ago #75384

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Copy the default template for those surveys that you wish to control and add the following to the end of template.css:
table.innerframe {
    width: 1060px;
}

...but 1060px is VERY wide for most screens...
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 1 year 10 months ago #86300

I would like to reduce size of table for admin home page... where can I do this?

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 1 year 10 months ago #86304

Actually I would like to reduce Survey Detail listing width so I would not have to scroll that last chunk with scroll bars in my iframe
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by cheyennemtnman.

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 1 year 10 months ago #86380

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Styles for the survey listing screen are in template.css.

Styles for the admin screens are in admin/styles/default/adminstyle.css but note that any changes made there will be overwritten when updating the installation.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 1 year 10 months ago #86386

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 310
I also noticed that the survey overview screen does not fit in my screen (1366x768 pixels) since LS 2.0.

But I think this has mainly to do with the form elements for searching among the available surveys. Maybe this can be reduced so that it at least fits into screens of 1280px width, or better 1024px. Because I am sure that limesurvey is used also in countries where screens are still fairly small.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 1 year 10 months ago #86388

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi holch,

If you are referring to the listings of surveys in the admin backend (at /index.php/admin/survey/index), the jqGrid code is set to display that table at a width of screensize - 20px so it should all fit if you maximize the browser.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: How do I change the survey width?? 1 year 10 months ago #86392

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 310
Well, screensize is not a good measure for this kind of things. It should be the viewport size. Because in my Windows 7 I have the task bar fixed to the left of the screen. So this might be my problem.

But I think I am not the only one doing this, especially on widescreen monitors with a smaller resolution (e.g. notebook), this should be very common.

On a bigger screen I would probably have two windows open. For example when passing a questionnaire in word format to Limesurvey, then I would run half of the screen (minus the left bar) for the browser with limesurvey and half the screen for word. I think this is a common workflow with big screens.

Is there a way to make it the viewport width - 20px instead of the screen width - 20px? I think this would increase usability.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by holch.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Donation Image