Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Changing the outlook of main survey page: Where to Do that?

Changing the outlook of main survey page: Where to Do that? 2 years 6 months ago #74204

• anec
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I have recently installed limesurvey on my domain and when I open the main directly, there is only a minimal text where no survey link is the by defauld. I know, the list of surveys will appear when I develop and activate the survey. My main point to request for is that how can I insert extra information on that main page along with the default. There are two parts of the page, one containing the basic survey page and the other containing my extra information, pictures, links and buttons. Please show me where to look for editing the main page, as the editing of the php based website is novice for newbies. Thanks for your support and guidance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Changing the outlook of main survey page: Where to Do that? 2 years 6 months ago #74211

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
You should be able to use the template editor to add further texts on the root page. After having done so, you have to make the edited template the default template at global settings -> general -> default template

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Aw: Changing the outlook of main survey page: Where to Do that? 2 years 6 months ago #74258

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

1. Open the "Template Editor" (symbol with brush and display).
2. In the "Template:" dropdown list select the template you want to use as new template for the survey list page.
3. If the template you want to use is a standard template (the system will tell you if that's the case)click "Copy Template" (symbol with two pieces of paper)
4. In the "Screen:" dropdown list select "Survey list page".
5. In "Standard files:" select "surveylist.pstpl"

LimeSurveySurveyList.jpg

You can now edit this page the way you want. After you finished go to "Global settings -> General" and choose the design template you want to use in the dropdown list "Default template"
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image