Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 5 months ago #73964

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Mazi-

I added a section of new CSS to the end of the default template. People who have customized can cut and paste from that if desired. If it is missing, I believe there will simply be no color-coding of the messages at run-time; and if there is an error, all will be color-coded red (I haven't tested that particular case).

The wiki is already updated with the list of new CSS classes: docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor#...f_validation_classes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 5 months ago #74007

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Thanks, can you also add the according CSS at the docs (and maybe here) so people can easily copy-paste from there?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 5 months ago #74016

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

the font-coloring of the default template works fine. I think the problem lies in the template.css file of the citronade template in line 49 (SVN rev 12345):
.good{color:#090}
. This also applies for the input field because the input field also changes it "good/error" classes when the input is valid/not valid. In my templates I commented this line out and it works fine.

I had another look at em_validation_sq and em_validation_q and you are right. But do the validation messages "tailor" their messages based on which question type you use? "em_regex_validation error" for example shows the message "Each answer must conform to this regular expression" for a short text question type. But this question type has only one text input field so it might be confusing to say "Each answer".

@dual scales:
Sorry, is it fixed in one of the newer revision or do you mean it is okay to partially answer the question? I think it would make more sense if only "No answer" is not counted towards the min/max numbers of answers. Let's say a participant submits the survey then you have partical answers that are possible even if you say you want just 1 or 2 answers.

@Validation CSS:
If I'm correct Shnoulle copied the part with the validation css rules from the default template and I copied it from citronade. So in the end we should have simmilar looking css rules.
We talked about hiding the regex message. But I think the CSS rule
.input-error span.hide-tip div.error {
color: red;
display: block;
} 
(End of default template) might override the "display: none" or the hidden status of the regex message.

Example:
<div id="2525_vmsg_regex_validation" class="em_regex_validation error">Each answer must conform to this regular expression: /^\$?\d+(\.(\d2))?$/</div>
After trying to submit the question it will have the additional .input-error class. span.hide-tip will go to the validation messages and div.error will append to all divs that have error in its class. So it even apends to the things we don't want to show at all.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 5 months ago #74029

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 786
vierundzwanzig wrote:
.input-error span.hide-tip div.error {
color: red;
display: block;
} 
(End of default template) might override the "display: none" or the hidden status of the regex message.
Yep,

It's for testing purpose .... :blush:

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 5 months ago #74498

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

if I'm correct the class ".input-error" is set if you submit (or click the next button) and an input error occurs. I think that it is not clear in the documentation. I read the part docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor&...f_validation_classes but I think other users might have problems understanding it. So it might be a good idea to add a few simple examples with screenshots so you can see how it works and could look like.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Donation Image