Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73659

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

I now started my little test surveys with different templates. They are available on our EM Installation (1.92RC3 build 12322 from SVN) at
212.65.8.158/limesurveyEM/

There are currently 4 "My little Test-Survey" surveys using the default, citronade and 2 customized templates created from the 1.91+ version of citronade.

If you want to have a look at the templates you can use the account
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
to acess them using the template editor. Don't worry, it's a paralell installation and doesn't affect our stable running installation. So we could play a bit.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73668

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 844
:(

A little problem with
div.em_q_fn_validation {
    display: none;
}
And
.js .help-wrapper > span, .js .help-wrapper > div {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FEFEFE;
    border: 1px solid #FCEFA1;
    color: #363636;
}

For So how much do you want to donate , ?

Look for a good alternative ... I like background/padding/border on tip/error/help like uijquery .ui-state-highlight

Denis
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: oups .... Submit

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73819

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Sorry guys I'm quite late but I had some severe problems with ExprMgr_process_relevance_and_tailoring that slowed down my Firefox 10 and even loaded him to dead:
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5771

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73848

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
vierundzwanzig-

Thanks for opening a separate bug ticket about this. If we need a discussion thread about EM performance, let's create a new thread rather than using the error-wrapper thread.

/Tom

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73890

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Okay, let's open one if it's necessary. For now I don't see any problems (after fetching the latest version with the bugfix). It's just difficult to test a template/css if you can't reload the page.*g*

One thing that I noticed is that using
.good {color: #009900;}
is also applied to the text input if you use regex. So if you begin to write the green is used as font-color. I think it could irritate the participant if you enter something that's wrong (doesn't match the regex) and the font is always green. Lets make a short example.

Q: So how much do you want to donate ?
A1: *using green font-color* abc
*leaving the answer*
A1: *background-color now pink and font-color now black, bold text* abc
Change the text
A1: *background-color now pink and font-color now black, bold text* 120
The text enterd is shown as it would be wrong.

You (or let's say the participant without much knowledge) might think the input is validated each time you enter something so it might be confusing.

So I think it might be a good idea not to use ".good", ".problem" and ".error" without adressing the correct HTML element (e.g. "span.hide-tip").

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73924

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Can you attach a sample survey showing that behavior? The default template isn't doing that to me.

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73932

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hello,

@used template:
We use a customised citronade template created from citronade of LimeSurver 1.91+. But it appears in the current citronade version, too. See 212.65.8.158/limesurveyEM/index.php?sid=19142&lang=en

@CSS
I run a few tests and created a new version of the design template used by one of our customers. A few things catched my attention so I'll post them here.

- In the little test survey mentioned in this thread there is a "Short free text" question "So how much do you want to donate ?". Even if it is just one input field it has the class "text em_sq_validation error". I think "sq" stands for subquestion but if I'm correct it is no subquestion, just the only answer text input for this question. If you use a regular expression you will get an error message like "Each answer must conform to this regular expression:".

- If an expression is used for the validation message (e.g. if min/max value use an answer from a previous question) you encounter the same problem like in the question text. You can get messages like "Each answer must be between and 5". The first value is missing because the person didn't answer a question before. Perhaps there is a way to show a validation message only if a certain question is answerd (or a "validation message relevance" is true).

- If you use a minimum value for a question and min > 0 the question will be marked with error even if the participant is at a question before that question. It happend at the second group of the "LS2 Validation Samples" sample survey and can be irritating if you think you have done something wrong without having done anything.

- In the "LS2 Validation Samples" sample survey there is a dual scale matrix question. If you have to select 1 or 2 answers you can answer all subquestion for one matrix as long as you just choose only 1 or 2 answers from the other matrix. Example:
First sub-question: Low | Never
Second sub-question: Low
Third sub-question: High
Fifth sub-question: Low | Always

Is this correct or should the requirement "Choose 1 or 2 answers" only work if you use "No answer" for the rest of the subquestions?

- In matrix questions with text inputs it seems you have to use the Tab key to have a validation of the current given answers. If you use your left mouse
button the validation message doesn't appear even if the input has errors/is wrong.

I tested the CSS classes (a) to (f) and they seem to work fine. But I think you can also use Shnoulle solution from the new citronade template and use a wrapper arround the validation messages and use a rule like
.help-wrapper .error,.help-wrapper .error-wrapper,.help-wrapper .problem,.help-wrapper .errormandatory{color:#FF0000}
if you don't want to use differnt styles for the different validation messages.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73934

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Can you try with the default template? There were some customizations to citronade which may work differently from the default and other templates.

Yes, sq means sub-question. However, it may seem confusing, since the goal of the em_validation_sq equations is to change the background color of the input fields if there is an error; whereas the em_validation_q field changes the color of a validation message, but doesn't affect the background color of input fields.

Interesting idea about making the validation messages use relevance equations to only display them if all contributing variables are set.

@minimum value for a question marked as error
This is not a problem in the default template. There will be color coding in purple (or another non-red color) initially; and it will switch to red if the person submits a response with errors. We would need to educate users that that color coding (which is is configurable through templates) is a heads-up that it won't pass validation without change; but it doesn't mean the user has done anything wrong.

@dual scales
This has been fixed - answers only count towards min/max numbers of answers if you answer both parts of the question. However, you could still do partial answers - they just don't count towards the min/max numbers of answers.

@tab
This has been fixed in most recent commits

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73944

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 844
@used template:
We use a customised citronade template created from citronade of LimeSurver 1.91+. But it appears in the current citronade version, too. See 212.65.8.158/limesurveyEM/index.php?sid=19142&lang=en
Actually, i wait to do modification on citronade template.
There a lot of new functionnality we had to put some css/javascript in LS192. Actually, i remove border and background on error-wrapper :).

First thing: stabilisation for default template, maybe put some remark for easy css manipulation in bug tracker ( with some patch if possible, or patch idea ;).

Re: Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 8 months ago #73957

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Talking about template: Tom, for customized templates, will all users have to add some additional CSS into their templates in order to mark validation red/green or will this be done by JS/jQuery dynamically? If not, we should add some notes to the manual on how to update customized templates.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Donation Image