Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently

LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73521

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

in LimeSurvey 1.92RC3 the error-wrapper div is shown permanently and the text inside is hidden. In LimeSurvey 1.91+ the error-wrapper div itself was hidden so a few people (like myself) will run into template design issue. In one of our templates we no have red lines as "question-wrapper" which is normally a "1px 1px 1px 1px color red" border which is only shown when there is an error/wrapper-message.

So my question is how to solve this problem. I'm not sure if CSS can check if a child is hidden and then hide the parent/div element.

Attached part of our survey with our "concern" template:
LimeSurveyErrorWrapper.jpg
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73576

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
TMSWhite is currently revamping the way the errors/tips are displayed in 1.92 so this may be resolved in RC4 (next week?).

If not, you may be able to use Javascriopt to hide an element if it is empty or has hidden children. Although, I will need to see the results of Tom's efforts to test.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by tpartner.

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73583

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
There have been several commits for this the last 24h so with RC4 there will probably be a different way to handle it and then we should have another look.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73609

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
That sounds great. I think it would be nice to handle it in template.css rather than having to add a Javascript function to hide the elements.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73611

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
vierundzwanzig-

This has been fixed in the _dev branch, and will be available in 1.92 RC4 (probably next Tuesday). If you want to try it before we release 1.92 RC4, we'd appreciate your feedback.

Here's what has changed:
(1) .input-error class is now only added to questions that have an input error
(2) .input-error is added/removed to the question at run-time (e.g. if the question starts with an error, and you fix it, the input-error class will be removed)
(3) I added the following new classes in template.css
(a) .em_num_answers - for min_answers and max_answers
(b) .em_value_range - for min/max_num_value_n and multiflexible_min/max
(c) .em_sum_range - for min/max/equals_num_value
(d) .em_regex_validation - for preg-based validation
(e) .em_q_fn_validation - for em_validation_q
(f) .em_sq_fn_validation - for em_validation_sq

These control the styling of the validation tips (such as "Please select between X and Y answers"). Each is styled and validated separately. By default, messages are shown in green if they are valid, and red if invalid (but you can control that using template.css). Furthermore, by default, (d)-(f) are hidden, since people don't tend to want to see regular expression validation messages. So, if you have a question that has min/max_answers, and value_range and sum_range, you could pass some validation criteria, but not others (e.g. you might have the right sum, but the wrong number of answers). The styling of the validation messages will let you and the users quickly see whether they have passed all validation requirements, and if not, what needs to be fixed.

So, please consider being an early adopter and try it before we release 1.92 RC4.

/Tom

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73623

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hello,

I'll try to have a look at it. But I'm not if I can finish it until Tuesday, it depends on how many other things I have and get to do. In the best case there isn't much to do on Monday and I see what I can do.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73637

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Maybe we should add those classes somewhere near docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor&..._of_question_classes ?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73642

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
OK, updated.

Re: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73651

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
And i make a lot of change for citronade too.

Tom make a lot of change too, great job \o/

Aw: LS 1.92RC design issues beacuse error-wrapper is shown permanently 2 years 6 months ago #73655

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hello,

perhaps we can use the names displayed in the advanced question settings rather than the technical name in the description at
docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor#...f_validation_classes
. I think it might be easier to understand using "Minimum value" than "min_num_value_n". Or we add an additional column in this table where the matching advandced option are listed.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Donation Image