Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Questions per row

Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72341

  • burlington
  • burlington's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
I am completely new to Limesurvey.

I am creating a survey that uses yes/no responses. Two points please. There is a 3rd option on the yes/no. This is 'Don't know'. How do I remove this please?

Secondly, each question is on a new line. How to I force 2 questions per line?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Martin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72349

  • Steve
  • Steve's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Posts: 494
  • Thank you received: 46
  • Karma: 17
Hello,

the "yes/no"-question is just a help, you can use it for fast access to a Yes/No/Uncertain radio type question. If you want just Yes/No you can

1) Set this question to mandatory, then the "Uncertain" will be removed.
or
2) Use the question type "list (radio)", then
- Set "Option 'Other':" to "No"
- Set "Mandatory" to "No"
- "Show advanced settings"
- Set "Display columns" to "2" (if you want to have then next to each other)

I'm not sure what you want to do to force 2 questions per line, perhaps something like

Are you single?__________________Are you alone?
- Yes - No____________________- Yes - No

I think this will be quite difficult to do, perhaps some of our Javascript/PHP or template gurus have an idea how to to this.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Steve. Reason: wtf I'm to tired to write
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72351

  • Mazi
  • Mazi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Posts: 5331
  • Thank you received: 296
  • Karma: 249
1. The "no answer" option is automatically added if the question is not mandatory. If you want to change that behavior, have a look at "show no answer...": docs.limesurvey.org/Global+settings&stru...eSurvey#Presentation

2. Aligning two questions side by side isn't possible and requires some extensive changes to the template. There is an example at manual -> workarounds.
Maybe using a matching question type is an option. Do you have an example how the question should look like?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org'"
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mazi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72377

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 6435
  • Thank you received: 840
  • Karma: 249
vierundzwanzig wrote:
Are you single?__________________Are you alone?
- Yes - No____________________- Yes - No

I think this will be quite difficult to do, perhaps some of our Javascript/PHP or template gurus have an idea how to to this.
With citronade,

Just :
#question1{width:49%;margin-right:0;margin-left:0;float:left;}
#question2{width:49%;margin-right:0;margin-left:0;float:left;}

Or something like this :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72379

  • burlington
  • burlington's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Shnoulle wrote:
vierundzwanzig wrote:
Are you single?__________________Are you alone?
- Yes - No____________________- Yes - No

I think this will be quite difficult to do, perhaps some of our Javascript/PHP or template gurus have an idea how to to this.
With citronade,

Just :
#question1{width:49%;margin-right:0;margin-left:0;float:left;}
#question2{width:49%;margin-right:0;margin-left:0;float:left;}

Or something like this :)

Many thanks. Where does this go in the template please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72380

  • burlington
  • burlington's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Mazi wrote:
1. The "no answer" option is automatically added if the question is not mandatory. If you want to change that behavior, have a look at "show no answer...": docs.limesurvey.org/Global+settings&stru...eSurvey#Presentation

2. Aligning two questions side by side isn't possible and requires some extensive changes to the template. There is an example at manual -> workarounds.
Maybe using a matching question type is an option. Do you have an example how the question should look like?

Thanks. The 'no answer' problem has been sorted, though I can't find anything similar in 'workarounds'to use 2 columns.

Regards

Martin
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by burlington.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72387

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 6435
  • Thank you received: 840
  • Karma: 249
burlington wrote:

Many thanks. Where does this go in the template please?
At end of template.css file.

replace the number with the number of you 2 questions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72410

  • Mazi
  • Mazi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Posts: 5331
  • Thank you received: 296
  • Karma: 249
burlington wrote:
though I can't find anything similar in 'workarounds'to use 2 columns.
I was referring to this solution: docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Quest...stion_types_in_array

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org'"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72416

  • burlington
  • burlington's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Shnoulle wrote:
burlington wrote:

Many thanks. Where does this go in the template please?
At end of template.css file.

replace the number with the number of you 2 questions.

Thanks. Works fine with Citronade but gives other templates problems.

If I can manage to make sense of the Citronade CSS file I should be able to edit it to meet my needs.

Regards

Martin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions per row 2 years 9 months ago #72417

  • burlington
  • burlington's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Mazi wrote:
burlington wrote:
though I can't find anything similar in 'workarounds'to use 2 columns.
I was referring to this solution: docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Quest...stion_types_in_array

Thanks Mazi.

I tihkn I understand this but where does the code go? The template js file?

Regard
s
Martin
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Donation Image