Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions

skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 10 months ago #71141

• klauri
  • Fresh Lemon
We created a survey, social network survey in Lime Survey. We have one issue with it at this time. If a respondent selects ‘no’ as their response for question number 4.64, in Section 9: Do you work with or mentor any students through NACP (Training programs or Research students)? It is set up so that all the remaining questions (sections 10-16) are skipped and you should be able to submit it at that point, if you select ‘no’ as your response to question 4.64.

The issue is, that the section numbers and instructions for those sections still appear for the sections even though all the questions are skipped (sections 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16). When I tested it and selected ‘no’ for question 4.64, I had to select ‘next’ seven times (over each of the sections listed above) to get to a screen that has the submit button.

We do not want to remove the instructions for sections 10-16, but we need those section instructions to not appear if you select no for your response to question 4.64, so that the submit button appears. I was hoping I could add logic to skip those sections if the respondent selects ‘no’ for question 4.64, but there is no option for that. Do you have any suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 10 months ago #71142

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
klauri-

The issue you describe has been fixed in 1.92 RC1 (the release candidate for version 1.92 which should be posted this week). You can find some relevant discussion here.

Someone else will need to comment on whether there is a workaround in the 1.91+ branch.

/Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: klauri

Re: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 10 months ago #71143

• klauri
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your quick response. We currently have many surveys live/collecting data. Is it possible to update the version of LS we have with live surveys?

Re: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 10 months ago #71144

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
klauri-

The upgrade process does upgrade databases, so should work for upgrading live surveys.

HOWEVER, please note that 1.92 RC1 is a release candidate. I've fixed all the bugs I've found, but until we let other people kick the tires, it is not recommended for production use.

That being said, if you have a development environment, you could import some of your surveys, install 1.92 RC1 and point it to your development database, and test that a live upgrade works (and that 1.92 itself works as desired for your surveys).

/Tom

Re: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 10 months ago #71145

• klauri
  • Fresh Lemon
Tom,
Thank you for the description here. I am going to restructure the second half of our survey to have a yes/no question at the beginning of each section. This approach will solve the problem. I really appreciate your assistance.
Kelly

Re: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 9 months ago #71467

• dbrd
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
"The issue is, that the section numbers and instructions for those sections still appear for the sections even though all the questions are skipped...."

Did you apply the same logic to all the questions in a group, not just the first question? If not, the questions that are dependent upon the first question won't appear, but the group information still shows.

Go to the first question with the logic, click "Set conditions". From that screen select "Copy conditions" and select all the questions in the groups you want skipped, then click apply. I think that will fix your problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Re: skip logic skips questions but not section and section instructions 2 years 9 months ago #71578

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
kauri,

1. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

2. Can you reproduce the problem with each survey mode (all in one, group by group, question by question)?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Donation Image