Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button

Re: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button 2 years 6 months ago #72622

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Yes, these are the only errors shown.

We forwarded these messages to our server administrators and try to get some information what causes this problem. If there is no solution using the slow server we just use the fast one, it is no problem for me (and acutally it is not even my job to take care of our SMTP servers.).
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button 2 years 6 months ago #72635

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Not sure if we talked about it before, but when changing the email method to "PHP (default)", are you then running into the famous "Could not instantiate email function" error for one of these servers?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button 2 years 6 months ago #72643

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
The SMTP-Server used first (which is very slow) was set in the php.ini of our php installation directory. I then changed the "Email method:" option in LimeSurvey from "PHP (default)" to "SMTP". I tried using the SMTP-host from this server and another one (which is also slow). The third server/host enterd now works fine.

No, the "Could not instantiate email function" error was not there.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button 2 years 6 months ago #72744

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks for your feedback. I'm still trying to find explanations for tghe various "Could not instantiate email function" error messages reported recently...

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button 2 years 6 months ago #72968

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hello,

we had a not so nice discussion with one of our server administrators (who should at least learn to read all attached information before answering things we didn't even ask for). After explaining the problem again he also noticed this problem. It seems there is a problem with the answser from the server. The emails were handled correctly and took only a few milliseconds to be sent. But the server (for unknown reasons) needs about 5 seconds to send back the answer. We were told that they don't want to fix this problems and we can use another working and fast server. So, sorry guys, I can't provide any cause/reason for this problem. And I think I stop asking the server administrator again or else I tend to **** him.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Unwanted waiting of 5 seconds after pressing submit button 2 years 6 months ago #72976

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
LOL

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image