Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Complex Arrays with LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697)

Complex Arrays with LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697) 2 years 7 months ago #70950

• raleong
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everyone,

I am trying to use an older version of LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697) and I have a number of complex arrays that I am hoping to build. I saw a few discussions talking about multiple types of questions in an array but that was with LimeSurvey 1.9+ (docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...stion_types_in_array).

Essentially, we are looking to create three different types of complex arrays.

1. I am looking to have an array with family members listed in each row (i.e. mother, father, brother #1 etc.), a column where the user can input the family member's name, another column with a numerical input box, and another 3 columns with a three-option dropdown.

2. I am looking to have an array whereby each row has a sentence in the first column, a radio selection in the second column, some fixed text in the third column, a sentence in the fourth column and a radio selection in the fifth column. Users must select one of the two sentences by clicking on the radio selection circle in question. I attach a snapshot of what I would like the array to look like.
Screen shot 2011-12-14 at 2.26.49 PM.png

3. I am looking to have an array whereby each row has a sentence in the first column, a two-choice radio selection in the second column, fixed text in the third column, a sentence in the fourth column and a two-choice radio selection in the fifth column. Users would have to select one out of the four radio circles. I attach a snapshot of what I would like the array to look like.
Screen shot 2011-12-14 at 2.29.54 PM.png

For arrays 2 and 3, I have looked into the array (flexible labels) dual scale but I can't get the fixed text in the middle column or get the sentences and radio selections to alternate properly?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Complex Arrays with LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697) 2 years 7 months ago #70959

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 740
The only way to accomplish these would either be variations of the workaround you mentioned or to use CSS to align different question types side-by-side.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Complex Arrays with LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697) 2 years 7 months ago #70963

• raleong
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply! So, the work-around that I found would work in LimeSurvey 1.86? As well, would you have any sample CSS code to align the different questions side by side? I'm relatively new to LimeSurvey so I don't have much experience customizing individual questions.

Thanks!

Re: Complex Arrays with LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697) 2 years 7 months ago #70973

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 740
I can't test the workaround in 1.86 but I believe the question structure was the same so it should work. You may need to include the jQuery library (I can't remember if it was shipped with 1.86).

Unfortunately, I don't have time to put together the CSS for your specific questions but if you search the forum you will find many examples that you can modify.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Complex Arrays with LimeSurvey 1.86 (build 7697) 2 years 7 months ago #70979

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 787
Yep,

I think you can use CSS only , maybe try with a div/css template.

I think it's more easy to manipulate block than cell.

Try
www.limesurvey.org/fr/additional-downloa...Templates/Citronade/
or
www.limesurvey.org/fr/additional-downloa.../CSS---Div-Template/

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Donation Image