Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cannot change group order

Cannot change group order 2 years 9 months ago #70822

• mhiebler
  • Fresh Lemon
I am working with Version 1.85+ (7191).
I have a project with about 20 groups and I had to change the order several times.
After one change the order was suddenly totally mixed up and since then I am unable to change the order. Neither can I move a group up or down nor can I put a group at the beginning or after any other group.
I already tried to logout and login again, to change from Explorer to Firefox and to restart the computer.
Nothing worked!

Thanks in advance for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot change group order 2 years 9 months ago #70839

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 784
I'm afraid we can't help you much with something as old as 1.85. Can you update to the latest version?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Cannot change group order 2 years 8 months ago #71050

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
mhiebler-

LimeSurvey versions prior to 1.92 don't let you change the question order if they contain conditions that might interfere with other questions. Version 1.92 doesn't have that limitation - questions and groups can be re-ordered whenever needed (prior to activating the survey). The Show Logic screens show you whether you try to use variables before they are declared.

In your version, another option is to remove conditions, but then you'd need to re-enter them for the new order.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Donation Image