Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up!

Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70094

I have Version 1.86 (7697)
Hi,
I currently have a live survey and have sent the link to about 2,500 respondents (with 24,000 to go). I'm noticing in my responses, that nobody is answering one particular question. Well almost nobody, there are 2 that have answered it. But this is very uncommon because we have done this survey many times before, with a few revisions. Plus, I know something is wrong because I've tested recently with a random token number-and the question did not appear! Skipped right over it. Before I sent this survey out, I had tested it many times and the question was there. Why is it not showing up now?? And why did two people randomly answer it out of the 2500 I sent it to?

The question is a flexible array, with four choices (very well, well, not very well, not well) and 13 answer punches for that label set. There are two different versions of this question (1 answer choice is different), one question is labeled AttributesA, the other AttributesB. In order for these questions to be split, I set the condition to token numbers. I took the median token number, and for Attributes A the condition is set (constant) "token from table is greater than 1421350" and AttributesB question says "token from table is less than 1421350".

I have no idea what is going wrong. Do I have to deactivate in order to fix this problem? Is this something I can even fix or is it a bug/system error? Response needed soon, thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70116

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
I think there is no need to de-activate the survey.

1. Does the question show up fine when not using conditions?

2. Do you use a customized template?

3. Do you have a test link (+ valid token) for us?

4. Do you use any Javascript at the survey?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70195

Thanks again. Not sure if my response showed before (I chose quick reply).

1. Yes the question shoes up fine when not using conditions
2. I did use a customized template, this one is different from my last customized template in that I changed the logo. Can template impact my questions?
3. I can send you a test link/token, but I'd like to send it privately through email.
4. I don't know what you mean by Javascript and how to find if I'm using it.

ALSO **I have been testing it some more with random tokens. I see that there is one way for the question to show up correctly...It seems that when the question doesn't show up, and I clear my answers to restart the survey, and then re-click on the email I was sent with the link to retake the survey, it then works the second time. Really strange. It's worked the second time I've clicked on it whenever it didn't work the first time. Also, I should have mentioned that I use Campaign Monitor to send the emails out. Thank you!

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70201

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Some thoughts:

a) This might be a token problem. Usually a token is a string and not a number so the comparison operator at the condition handler might not be working correctly.
-> Maybe you can confirm this with a simple test survey?
-> You can test if this is fixed at the latest version by testing our online demo at demo.limesurvey.org/admin(external link) which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test
If you can reproduce the problem there please report back.

b) Check if the email contains the correct lin to the survey and if the token is attached corectly and completely.

c) conditions problems might be template related but then it wouzldn't work for all users.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70215

I tried duplicating my survey, with a different token table, and the question still doesn't work for certain tokens.

I'm not sure about the demo, because I tried just adding my question and it works fine but I'm not sure that it confirms anything since my whole survey isn't up there.

Email link looked fine, like it always has.

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70267

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Create a simple survey and create some test user with tokens like 1,5,10,11,20.

Then set "token > X" or "token equals Y" or similar conditions. Can you reproduce the problem?

It can also be connected to using big numbers so the comparison operator runs out of scope.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70283

Turns out, I just needed to rearrange the questions. I put the question that wasn't working up one spot, and now it seems to be showing. I did, however, have to create a new survey for this because I didn't want to deactivate my previous one. Strange that something was blocking that question from appearing.

Anyways, thank you for all your suggestions and help. I really appreciate it.

Re: Currently have a live survey and one of my questions is not showing up! 2 years 7 months ago #70323

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
If you can somehow reproduce the problem at the latest Limesurvey version please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...
  1. Give as much information as possible
  2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.
  3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
  4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Donation Image