Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can't copy templates even with directory permissions set

can't copy templates even with directory permissions set 2 years 10 months ago #69662

• ls_greg
  • Fresh Lemon
So I am trying to edit my default limesurvey template.

But when I go to backup the default template, I click to copy the template, enter a filename for the copy ("default_backup") and then get an error stating:

"Unable to create directory `copy_of_default`. Please check the directory permissions."

I have set my admin directory (/var/www/html/limesurvey/admin) and all of it's subparts to chmod 777, as described here docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor&...ht_from_red_to_green

But that did not fix the issue. Any suggestions are most welcome...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: can't copy templates even with directory permissions set 2 years 10 months ago #69665

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
This might also be a rights issue. Sometimes the webserver isn't allowed to write files.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: can't copy templates even with directory permissions set 2 years 10 months ago #69666

• ls_greg
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi wrote:
This might also be a rights issue. Sometimes the webserver isn't allowed to write files.

That makes sense. How could I verify apache has the proper write privileges?

Re: can't copy templates even with directory permissions set 2 years 10 months ago #69669

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 790
You need to make the /upload directory and all of its sub-directories writable. The copied templates will reside in installationRoot/upload/templates.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by tpartner.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Donation Image