Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: label sets scrambled when making a copy of a survey

label sets scrambled when making a copy of a survey 2 years 9 months ago #69418

• scanlab
  • Fresh Lemon
hi!

i'm running into a problem with the label sets used for particular questions when i make a copy of an entire survey (by exporting the survey to a csv file and then importing that csv file).

whenever i make a copy of a survey in this way, i notice that, instead of just pointing to the label sets used in the original, the copy also creates duplicates of all of the label sets referred to in the original survey. this in itself is not a huge problem (though i would prefer if there were some way to just use the original label sets as a default), but recently we have noticed that some of the label sets in the copy are scrambled, seemingly at random. IE there are new duplicate label sets created in the new survey, and some of the questions now refer to the wrong label sets.

for example, a question in the original survey looked like this:

In the past month, how often have you thought about this memory?
1 - rarely or never
3 - somewhat often
5 - extremely often

but in the copied survey it now refers to the wrong label set and looks like this:
In the past month, how often have you thought about this memory?
1 - from the viewpoint of my own eyes
3 - elements of both
5 - from the viewpoint of an external observer or camera on the wall

any ideas about what is going on here or how this problem could be prevented? We are running Version 1.52. does this problem still exist in 1.91?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: label sets scrambled when making a copy of a survey 2 years 9 months ago #69421

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 760
I'm afraid we won't be able to help much with 1.52 - too old.

I have never heard of this in the newer versions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: label sets scrambled when making a copy of a survey 2 years 9 months ago #69511

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release. If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...
  1. Give as much information as possible
  2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.
  3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
  4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image