Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys?

How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys? 2 years 11 months ago #68910

• Mike1985
  • Senior Lime
I've got an anonymous survey set up. So I can't use "Enable token-based response persistence?" to help participants access their part-completed survey.

But if the participant chooses the "Resume later" button then they CAN go back to their part-completed survey. I'm confused as to how this works? Is my survey still truely anonymous?

Thanks, I hope you can clarify this.

Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys? 2 years 11 months ago #68913

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 844
Yep,

but the user can set what he want on email and name. He can take jetable.org mail for example.

There are a explanation sentence when you save your answer in the last version ( i my memory is good ).

Denis

Re: How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys? 2 years 11 months ago #68915

• Mike1985
  • Senior Lime
I didn't see any explanation..

I want to know how the back-end code works (roughly). How can it pull responses out of survey_XXXXX when there is no field to match it to the user?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys? 2 years 11 months ago #68920

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 115
If the responses are anonymized then an pressing the save button a intermediary entry is saved into the table saved_control along with a username/password chosen by the participant (also email but that is optional). The entry in saved_control does contain the ID of the saved response entry.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys? 2 years 5 months ago #80927

Hi, I want to know if it is possible to store a saved response entry even when I submit a survey, because every submission implies the deletion of the record stored in saved_control. Could I create a new table path? Could I save more then a record? Thanks a lot.

Re: How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys? 2 years 5 months ago #80940

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Why would you want to keep that data if the participant completed the response?

This is only possible by modifying the source code which I don't recommend to do.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image