Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations

Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68248

• boulash
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everyone,

This thread www.limesurvey.org/de/forum/design-issue...23-edit-question-tip explain how to change the design of question tips.

But is it possible to change the text and its translations?

Thanks a lot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68253

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 853
Hello,

Question type are included in translation :

See how to modify translation sentence :
docs.limesurvey.org/Translating+LimeSurvey

Re: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68254

• boulash
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your answer, maybe I need to be a bit more specific.

For the moment, I am running LS on my PC using XAMPP, so my whole LS directory is in the xampp\htdocs folder.

Let's take an example: the default help for a ranking question is:

"Click on an item in the list on the left, starting with your highest ranking item, moving through to your lowest ranking item."

and its translation in French is:

"Classez les éléments de la liste de gauche en commençant par le plus important jusqu'au moins important."

I'd like to know whether it's possible to change these kinds of help text (for instance, in the EN version only write "Rank these items", and change the translations accordingly).

In the "locale" folder, I could find a FR po file but it doesn't include translations for these help texts.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68255

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
boulash wrote:
In the "locale" folder, I could find a FR po file but it doesn't include translations for these help texts.
You don't search on the <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...anslating+LimeSurvey'>translation</a> i think,

in poedit, when you make your search, click on "Rechercher dans les traductions" ( en Français, in english, maybe sometihing like "Look in <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...anslating+LimeSurvey'>translation</a>" )

Denis

PS: i found it ;)
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu.

Re: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68257

• boulash
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, found it too, but where is/are this/these relevant file(s) on my system (in this case my PC, later my company's server)?

Let's just forget about the translations, where can I change these texts (if I can...) in my surveys?

Changing the EN or FR po file in the "locale" folder doesn't seem to have any effect.
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by boulash.

Re: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68274

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
Hello,

You need to open the po file with poedit, and after save in poedit , replace the po AND the mo file.

LS read the mo file, not the po file.

Denis

Re: Edit Question help/tip/hint and its translations 2 years 11 months ago #68279

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 298
Boulash, please read the linked instructions carefully, it's all explained there. if you still have any problems, let us know at which step of the instructions those show up.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Donation Image