Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recurring Choices

Recurring Choices 2 years 5 months ago #67996

• iwebkat
  • Fresh Lemon
We are wanting to create a survey which has a menu of sorts. From a drop-down, select an area to answer. Then go back to the original drop-down list and select another. I have created the drop-down list question. I have linked each response to an area to address. I'm stumped at how to direct back to the initial drop-down menu. What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Recurring Choices 2 years 5 months ago #67997

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 256
Limesurvey is following the standard survey behaviour, which usually is linear. If you skip questions you usually can't go back.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Recurring Choices 2 years 5 months ago #68000

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 690
As holch says, there is no "looping" in LimeSurvey. The easiest solution may be to create several drop-down lists, each followed by the "areas" so after completing one "area" the next question will ask to select another "area".
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Recurring Choices 2 years 5 months ago #68031

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
Maybe the Map question type (a short text question with some additional question attributes) also does the trick if you want to ask for a certain location?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Donation Image