Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Global Settings

Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67746

Hi anyone know where i can find global settings? I want to switch Filter HTML for XXS off and by accessing through global settings..

I do not see the icon that will direct me to global settings mentioned here: docs.limesurvey.org/Global+settings

Can anyone give me any specific directions?

Thanks!

Cheers
Eileen
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by eileenchew6.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67748

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
Maybe you are missing the right to change the glbaol settings?

The icon can be found here:

global_settings.PNG

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67752

Oh no ): how can I have the rights? I need it to do some changes for the workaround... Any solution?

Re: Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67754

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
What version of LS do you use and are you the administrator of the server? Maybe you do not have the rights to change global settings?

If you don't see the circled symbol on the upper left when you logged in, then you don't have the rights to access global settings and you'll have to ask the administrator of your LS installation.

Screenshot_1_2011-10-23.png
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67757

I m using version 1.90.
I am not sure if I m the administrator, my teacher passed me the username n password to access. But when I login I can see the word "Adminstration" (similar to yours), does it mean anything?

If I m not the administrator, does it mean that if I ask the administrator to click the above icon and change the setting, I will be able to use it as well?

Re: Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67761

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
The word "administration" just indicates the area of limesurvey. So the highest level ist the administration. Some parts of Limesurvey a "normal" user wouldn't see. And this is good.

So if your teacher passed you a username and a password I am quite sure that you are not the administrator. Even your teacher might not be the administrator, but it is probably centrally administered by someone at your school.

You should talk to your teacher and ask if the XSS filter can be switched off because you need this for "this and that". I don't see any other option if it is not your own limesurvey installation. You depend on the administrator here.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Global Settings 3 years 1 week ago #67763

Thank you holch for your reply. I think I will have to speak to my school admin regarding this.

Thanks once again (:

Re: Global Settings 3 years 6 days ago #67801

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahavlik
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Donation Image