Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire

Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 6 months ago #67336

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 5
We need to be able to do surveys in print and online. The "printable version" of the survey questionnaire looks pretty good and I know we can style this in template editor. However, there are still things we need to fix before actually printing it and mailing it to customers.

For example, conditions don't show up on the printable version, so we need to add in some instructions like "if you answered No, skip to question #10." We also want to add in other elements like an introduction, a coupon, and so on. And we want to control the pagination, add headers, and footer.

I thought I could just copy the html into MS Word or somewhere and touch it up. But it's losing all the images such as boxes and the link to the CSS won't work. I'm probably missing something really obvious! Maybe this would work if I used Dreamweaver or some other web page editor?

Does anybody have a great workaround to copy the printable version and keep the best of the formatting while still being able to tweak the questions manually, and the other things I mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 6 months ago #67341

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
I think you didn't test properly. conditions are shown, see:

<a href='http://manual.limesurvey.org/Setting_conditions'>conditions</a>.PNG

When copying the whole printable survey to MS Word this also works fine for me:

File Attachment:

File Name: LimeSurvey_Sample_Survey.doc
File Size: 26 KB

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Mazi.

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67633

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
Thanks Mazi, you're right about the conditions. I meant to say we wanted to manually edit the conditions to follow more of a "go-to" logic (ie, add instructions such as "if no, skip to question #15").

But there's still a number of other things we'd like to edit and reformat. The printable version is a great start. Any idea how I can get it out of the browser and work with it in MS Word, etc. When I copy and paste (or save to an html file), all the css formatting and the images are lost.

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67673

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
As said, when using MS Word 2010 I can simply copy the whole page using copy-paste and all the images for checkboxes or radio buttons are copied along.

If you want to edit the layout, check the "printablesurvey.php" file at /limesurvey/admin.
To adjust the texts you can try to edit the according translation.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67699

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
Yes, copying it to Word is the best alternative so far. I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67723

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 714
Hello,

Peronnaly i use OOo writer HTML import.
  1. Save the file in HTML ( with FF)
  2. Open it with OOwriter
  3. Clean the file
  4. Remove th image link
  5. Save it to ODT or DOC

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67826

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
Thanks.

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67916

• gjjordan
  • Fresh Lemon
By the way - something I find really useful is to copy a survey and save it as 'printable version' and then enter bespoke instructions and logic for the print version on there instead - you won't need that one online anyway.

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67917

• gjjordan
  • Fresh Lemon
I have a related question ... How do I get a print version of the survey in such a way that the template design is included and all of the images are sized correctly?

Ideally I am after a pdf that can be filled in on paper ....

Thanks!

Re: Exporting and editing "printable version" of questionnaire 2 years 5 months ago #67919

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
gjjordan wrote:
I have a related question ... How do I get a print version of the survey in such a way that the template design is included and all of the images are sized correctly?

Ideally I am after a pdf that can be filled in on paper ....

Thanks!
The template editor supports the printable survey screen so you could theoretically adjust the template accordingly.
It doesn't include the startpage/endpage parts of the survey template but it should be possible to just copy that into the printable survey files. I did that before for a customer of mine, so especially when using another survey version for the print view, this should be styleable pretty well.

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Donation Image