Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Link on website and fill in token?

Link on website and fill in token? 3 years 2 weeks ago #66896

Hi,

In the e-mail inviting people to fill in my survey, I want to direct them to a website with information on the project I'm working on. On the website of the project, I want to put a link to the survey. I want the respondent to click on the link, fill in the token code and start the survey.

My colleague tested the survey yesterday. I sent him an invitation to test it by automatic e-mail, using a dummy token. When he clicked on the link to the survey in the e-mail, he didn't need to fill in the token code. It seems the token code was filled in automatically, based on his IP-address or so. Or the token code/password was switched off (not sure which one was the case).

Is there a way to display the token code in the e-mail, direct the respondent to the website instead of the survey, have him click on the link to the survey and have him fill in the token code provided?

Thanks for your help!
Sander
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Link on website and fill in token? 3 years 2 weeks ago #66900

• Eddie_V
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
in the email setup you see a {SURVEYURL} that is the link to the survey wich includes the token (if the survey uses tokens)

you can replace that with your own URL to your website and use {TOKEN} to display the token in the email.

when editing the mail I believe its the second button wich says "LimeSurvey field replacement properties" then click on "token code for this participant" then you will see that {TOKEN} think appear in the mail.

Hope this helped

Re: Link on website and fill in token? 3 years 1 week ago #67003

Hi Eddie,

It did.
Thanks!

Sander

Re: Link on website and fill in token? 3 years 1 week ago #67005

• Eddie_V
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
you are welcome
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Donation Image