Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exit and clear survey dont work and spacing issue!

Exit and clear survey dont work and spacing issue! 2 years 10 months ago #66590

Hi,

I have tried clicking "exit and clear survey" but when I export the survey, the answers still remain. So the option of "clear survey" is not true. May I know how to rectify this?

If the problem is not able to be rectified, then how to change "exit and clear survey" to just "exit survey"?

Additionally how do i reduce the space as seen in the image?

Refer to image:
i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/eileenchew6/limesurvey.png

Thanks for everything!
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by eileenchew6.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Exit and clear survey dont work and spacing issue! 2 years 10 months ago #66593

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
1)
I have tried clicking "exit and clear survey" but when I export the survey, the answers still remain.
I can't reproduce this. When I click "Exit and clear survey" the responses are removed from the "View responses" screen and are not included in the exported data. Can you please give more details on how/when you are seeing this?

2) We can't help with this unless we can see the source code. Can you activate a sample survey?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by tpartner.

Re: Exit and clear survey dont work and spacing issue! 2 years 10 months ago #66595

1) When i click "exit and clear survey", under "Browse responses for this survey", "Total responses" will increase by 1. That is fine - though not ideal. What I am more concerned about is when I export the results, it is still reflected on Micosoft Excel.

Please kindly advise.

Sample link per requested:

2) survey.jcu.edu.sg:8080/limesurvey/index.php?sid=31635&lang=en

Thanks for everything!

Re: Exit and clear survey dont work and spacing issue! 2 years 10 months ago #66626

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
1) Although I can't reproduce it, that mayy be a bug.

Have you upgraded to the latest LimeSurvey version?

If so please file a bug report and...

a. Give as much information as possible.

b. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

c. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots.

d. Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker here so we can follow the progress.

2) It looks like you have pasted directly from MS Word which introduces all sorts of CSS garbage. Try pasting to a plain-text editor like Notepad++ and then into the LS editor. There are also a couple of <br /> tags between the welcome message and the privacy note. You should be able to remove those in welcome.pstpl.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Exit and clear survey dont work and spacing issue! 2 years 10 months ago #66644

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
@1: This might be a bug at an older version which should be solved. You can test if this is fixed at the latest version by testing our online demo at demo.limesurvey.org/admin(external link) which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test
If you can reproduce the problem there please report back.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Donation Image