Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to continue survey?

How to continue survey? 2 years 7 months ago #64820

• bolero
  • Fresh Lemon
Using Limesurvey Version 1.91RC4 Build 9797

I'm using the newtoken.php described in bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=2982

The survey is iframed in a portal website.
Some users bail out of the survey for whatever reason. When they finally conclude that they do want to fill the survey they can't because Limesurvey tells them that they need a token. As I understand this happens because the token already exists.

What do I have to do/set so that Limesurvey will just "login" the user to the existing survey and either start from where they left or start from the beginning? I tried to search the documentation for an answer, but couldn't find anything resembling this apart from the reference to the bug report with the newtoken.php. The newtoken.php doesn't give a clue here because the location URL it constructs is always the same:
http ://FQDN/dir/?sid=22363&newtest=Y&token=20005

So, I assume there must be some setting in the survey responsible?
I have now set "Allow editing answers after completition" and "Participant may save and resume later?" both to yes. But this hasn't changed the behavior. I also tried changing the URL slightly and removing the newtest or setting it to "=N".

What am I missing?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by bolero.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to continue survey? 2 years 7 months ago #64877

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 711
bolero wrote:
Using Limesurvey Version 1.91RC4 Build 9797
Please, use the last version ( Version 1.91+ Build 10746 ) and never use a RC version in production.

:)

Aw: Re: How to continue survey? 2 years 7 months ago #64878

• bolero
  • Fresh Lemon
There seems to be something wrong with the forum software. The mail notification and this website was changed to French locale. I assume your locale is French, but that shouldn't have an effect on my locale. (I changed that to English for viewing and after posting it came back in German. I assume you get to see a German local now ...)

As for the continue problem. It seems I'm not able to reproduce it anymore. Once I set a user's token usesleft field to 1 the survey can be "continued". Even without "Allow editing answers after completition" and "Participant may save and resume later" set to yes.
And new tokens always get a usesleft of 1 and I see that this changes only once a survey has really been completed. I think earlier I tried to continue survey tokens that had usesleft = 0.

You are right about the beta version thing. However, at that time we started this version was the newest and seemed to have quite a bit of difference to the last stable download. At the moment I can't update because we did some changes to templates and a very few to the code. This will have to wait until I'm back from vacation in October.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by bolero.

Re: Aw: Re: How to continue survey? 2 years 7 months ago #64900

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 711
Yep, but it's a Release Candidate version, then we can't remove bug :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image