Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist

ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64460

• jQuijote
  • Fresh Lemon
Greetings:

I'm a new LS user and this may well be a dumb question. I did RTFM, the FAQ, searched these fora, and looked at the bug tracker. I did not find an answer to my problem and thus I'm posting here.

I downloaded limesurvey191plus-build10647-20110805.tar.gz

I ran the install procedure:

a.) Create database

b.) Populate database

c.) removed admin/install

I'm able to log in to LS, edit users, and even change global settings. All that works fine.

When I go to create a new survey, I fill in the required fields under the "general" tab. When I click the "Save" button I get this error message from ../admin/admin.php

INSERT INTO lime_surveys ( "SID", "OWNER_ID", "ADMIN", "ACTIVE", "STARTDATE", "EXPIRES", "ADMINEMAIL", "ANONYMIZED", "FAXTO", "FORMAT", "SAVETIMINGS", "TEMPLATE", "LANGUAGE", "DATESTAMP", "USECOOKIE", "ALLOWREGISTER", "ALLOWSAVE", "PRINTANSWERS", "AUTOREDIRECT", "SHOWXQUESTIONS", "SHOWGROUPINFO", "SHOWNOANSWER", "SHOWQNUMCODE", "SHOWWELCOME", "ALLOWPREV", "IPADDR", "REFURL", "DATECREATED", "LISTPUBLIC", "PUBLICSTATISTICS", "PUBLICGRAPHS", "HTMLEMAIL", "TOKENANSWERSPERSISTENCE", "ASSESSMENTS", "USECAPTCHA", "BOUNCE_EMAIL", "EMAILRESPONSETO", "EMAILNOTIFICATIONTO", "TOKENLENGTH", "SHOWPROGRESS", "ALLOWJUMPS", "NAVIGATIONDELAY", "NOKEYBOARD", "ALLOWEDITAFTERCOMPLETION" ) VALUES ( 18167, 1, 'Your Name', 'N', null, null, 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.', 'N', '', 'G', 'N', 'default', 'en', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'B', 'Y', 'X', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'N', '2011-08-09', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'D', '', '', '', 15, 'Y', 'N', 0, 'N', 'N' )
ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist LINE 1: INSERT INTO lime_surveys ( "SID", "OWNER_ID", "ADMIN", "ACTI... ^

I must be doing something wrong, suggestions welcome. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64461

• jQuijote
  • Fresh Lemon
I forgot to add these details:

RDBMS: PostgreSQL 8.4

Thanks.

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64516

• jQuijote
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello:

As a follow up to my earlier messages, I installed limesurvey191plus-build10670-20110810.tar on a Max OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard with PostgreSQL 9.x

C:\fakepath\LimeSurvey_19_Max_PostgreSQL_90.tiff

Exact same error message.
C:\fakepath\LimeSurvey_19_Max_PostgreSQL_90_02.tiff

Any suggestions? Thanks.

INSERT INTO lime_surveys ( "SID", "OWNER_ID", "ADMIN", "ACTIVE", "STARTDATE", "EXPIRES", "ADMINEMAIL", "ANONYMIZED", "FAXTO", "FORMAT", "SAVETIMINGS", "TEMPLATE", "LANGUAGE", "DATESTAMP", "USECOOKIE", "ALLOWREGISTER", "ALLOWSAVE", "PRINTANSWERS", "AUTOREDIRECT", "SHOWXQUESTIONS", "SHOWGROUPINFO", "SHOWNOANSWER", "SHOWQNUMCODE", "SHOWWELCOME", "ALLOWPREV", "IPADDR", "REFURL", "DATECREATED", "LISTPUBLIC", "PUBLICSTATISTICS", "PUBLICGRAPHS", "HTMLEMAIL", "TOKENANSWERSPERSISTENCE", "ASSESSMENTS", "USECAPTCHA", "BOUNCE_EMAIL", "EMAILRESPONSETO", "EMAILNOTIFICATIONTO", "TOKENLENGTH", "SHOWPROGRESS", "ALLOWJUMPS", "NAVIGATIONDELAY", "NOKEYBOARD", "ALLOWEDITAFTERCOMPLETION" ) VALUES ( 66372, 1, '..', 'N', null, null, '...com', 'N', '', 'G', 'N', 'default', 'en', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'B', 'Y', 'X', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'N', '2011-08-10', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'D', '', '', '', 15, 'Y', 'N', 0, 'N', 'N' )
ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist LINE 1: INSERT INTO lime_surveys ( "SID", "OWNER_ID", "ADMIN", "ACTI... ^

Trying to import a file from the ./docs/demosurveys directory also fails:

Error: Failed to insert data
INSERT INTO lime_surveys ( "SID", "OWNER_ID", "ADMIN", "ACTIVE", "STARTDATE", "EXPIRES", "ADMINEMAIL", "ANONYMIZED", "FAXTO", "FORMAT", "TEMPLATE", "LANGUAGE", "ADDITIONAL_LANGUAGES", "DATESTAMP", "USECOOKIE", "ALLOWREGISTER", "ALLOWSAVE", "PRINTANSWERS", "AUTONUMBER_START", "AUTOREDIRECT", "ALLOWPREV", "IPADDR", "REFURL", "DATECREATED", "LISTPUBLIC", "PUBLICSTATISTICS", "PUBLICGRAPHS", "HTMLEMAIL", "TOKENANSWERSPERSISTENCE", "ASSESSMENTS", "USECAPTCHA", "USETOKENS", "BOUNCE_EMAIL", "ATTRIBUTEDESCRIPTIONS", "EMAILRESPONSETO", "TOKENLENGTH" ) VALUES ( 96955, 1, 'Administrator', 'N', null, null, 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.', 'Y', '', 'G', 'default', 'en', '', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 3, 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', '2011-08-10', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'D', 'N', 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.', '', '', 15 )

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64517

We're having the same problem! I installed on my server yesterday without a hitch (but using MySQL rather than PostGre). But on an Apache server, the install worked fine, but this problem is keeping it from working. We've tweaked the permissions, but I fear it may be DB related. I hoped that maybe the "plus" update from 1.91 that just came out today might help, but no such luck.

With trying to create a survey "test" I'm getting the same thing you are, ending in:
ERROR: column "SID" of relation "surveys" does not exist LINE 1: INSERT INTO surveys ( "SID", "OWNER_ID", "ADMIN", "ACTIVE", ... ^

And when I try to import, I get exactly the same thing.

I can run the survey from the server with MySQL, but I'd much rather run it from the PostGre server.

:-(

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64518

• PinkPenguin
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
The problem is the double quotes around the field names in the SQL statement. This means that the field names in the data base must match exactly those in the SQL statement and must be upper case.

This is not true as the data base installation script uses lower case for the field names, table names ecc.. :dry:

This bug can be corrected either by changing the install script or removing the double quotes from the statement (and any other statement that uses this). Might be better if someone with more experience of the product did this as I only downloaded it for the first time yesterday. :)
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by PinkPenguin.

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64523

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 793
in common_functions.php , we have a
case "postgres":
            return "\"".$id."\"";
            break;

I don't have a postgre installed, can you report the bug please ?
Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release. If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...
  1. Give as much information as possible
  2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.
  3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
  4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64527

• PinkPenguin
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
OK - created bug #5392.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64551

We're going to try installing MySQL on the server and try it with that to rule out any other issues.

Re: ERROR: column "SID" of relation "lime_surveys" does not exist 2 years 11 months ago #64557

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 793
Actualy, a possible workaround:

in config.php, put
$ADODB_QUOTE_FIELDNAMES=false;

But need some work to find a good patch now :).
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Donation Image