Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using constant value on token attribute

Using constant value on token attribute 3 years 3 weeks ago #62752

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I've found some similar threads, but nothing so far that seems to be working for my particular scenario.

I'm trying to use a condition on a boilerplate question that will hide the question if a token attribute is null (I'd settle for getting the condition to work if the value of the token attribute is 'None' or 0 or something like that).

How would I do this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Using constant value on token attribute 3 years 3 weeks ago #62755

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Once the ExpressionManager set of enhancements are in place (details here), you'll be able to either:
(1) Set a condition using a mathematical expression to test Token value(s) and have that determine whether or not a question is shown,
(2) Conditionally tailor the text of the question you are showing based upon an equation that tests the token's value.

Until then, however, perhaps there is a JavaScript work-around that someone else can help you with.

Re: Using constant value on token attribute 3 years 3 weeks ago #62867

• joe_p
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I ended up finding a javascript workaround that wasn't too complicated, though I'll be interested to see the additional functionality brought by the ExpressionManager. Is it going to become part of future releases?

Re: Using constant value on token attribute 3 years 3 weeks ago #62872

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Yes, the team seems interested in adding the ExpressionManager functionality to a future release. I'm personally hoping to get it in the next release (1.92) since I need that functionality for some big surveys I need to deploy in late summer/early fall :) However, we have to ensure it is adequately tested and integrated into the core system, so I can't give a definitive date yet.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image