Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers

Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62568

• catarch
  • Junior Lime
Hello all,

I am using the mint_idea template and I wanna decrease the distance between the question and the dropdown list. I have tried changing the margin on 'paragraphs', on 'survey-question', on 'list-dropdown-flexible' but nothing changed. I also added
.list-dropdown {
margin-left: 1em;
margin-top: 0;
}

as the list-dropdown question type wasnt defined, but it didnt make any change...

any help please?

thanx in advance !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62583

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Can you activate the survey for us to see?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62600

• catarch
  • Junior Lime
Hello Tony and all,

I have attached an image from the questionnaire with my problem. the questionnaire is in Greek so you dont understand much but I think you can see what's my problem. The distance (in red line in pic) between the question (for example the 1.9) and the dropdown list of answers is large, and even much larger than the distance between the dropdown list and the next question (distance in green line in pic). So it;s not very "comfortable" for the eye and the user should pay much more attention and effort to find which dropdown list belongs to each question, which is tiring especially in a large questionnaire (70 questions), like mine. So I would like to decrease the distance between the question and the dropdown list (the red lines in pic). By changing the margin on "paragraphs" I managed to increase the distance between the dropdown list and the next question (the green line in pic) but it had no effect on the "red" distance.

Any suggestion is most welcome !

thanx
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by catarch.

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62614

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I'm afraid I can't help without seeing the source code. I have no way to know if the space is caused by styles or inserted HTML elements (<p>, <br />...).
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62665

• catarch
  • Junior Lime
Hello Tony,

I attached the code from the template.css in a txt file(sorry i dont know how to send it to you in another way)

Thanx
Attachments:

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62670

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I would need to see the survey itself live (or a sample survey).
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62671

• catarch
  • Junior Lime
adrakou.gr/arch/index.php?sid=74549&lang=el

I activated in order to check it

the problem is obvious at 1.4 and 1.5 questions

thanx

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62674

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
To tighten up the dropdowns, add the following to the end of template.css
p.question {
}

And then to pull up the radio lists:
.survey-question-answer ul {
}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62679

• catarch
  • Junior Lime
I tried it but it didnt make any change :(

Thanx anyway !

Re: Decrease distance between the question and the list-dropdown answers 2 years 9 months ago #62680

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
And now the survey has been de-activated so I can't test.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Donation Image