Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems?

1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62513

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Hi guys,

a quick question: I am setting up a survey. I ask each respondent to supply where they live. I don't need a precise address - just the city. So I have a list with 1500 postal codes.

Will this cause problems?

Sincerely
Andreas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62514

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Also - when I try to add the 1500 items, i get this message:
Access denied!
Security alert: Someone may be trying to use your LimeSurvey session (CSRF attack suspected). If you just clicked on a malicious link, please report this to your system administrator.
Also this problem can occur when you are working/editing in LimeSurvey in several browser windows/tabs at the same time.

Re: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62521

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
OK - I'll just continue in this thread. Via some magic, some grinding, some compromises, the list is not "only" 700 items long. But that is apparently still to much for limesurvey - as I still get 'the Access denied' message. Any ideas?

Re: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62538

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Try a short-text question with the jQuery Autocomplete workaround - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Manip...ime+using+Javascript
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: c_schmitz, DenisChenu, lovepade, greg_d

Re: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62549

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
That looks really good. Will hopefully get around to implementing this today, otherwise monday. Will report back - but of course it will work :-)

Great - thank you

Re: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62550

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 91
If you get an Access denied error when posting alot of items you have most probably the Suhosin module on your server installed. It will create all kind of problems so you rather remove it. 1500 items in a dropbox is usually not a problem.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lovepade

Re: 1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems? 2 years 9 months ago #62551

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Wauw - yes, I do have suhosin (it's default I think). I am a carefull soul, so I prefer not to remove it, but if it in general bugs down performance - I will.

For now I hope autocomplete and an external csv file will do the the sweet limesurvey-dance that I love.

Thanks again.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Donation Image