Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question?

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83151

• Struppi
  • Junior Lime
Hi, Benitov,

thank you for your explication and the survey you uploaded (Assess_survey_64862.lss).

I'm not experienced in programming/script languages at all...

If I understood right your survey, The last question "Score" in the group DADES PERSONALS is this famous "hidden" question that is used only for storing the total of the adding of the assessment values in the database, isn't it?

My beginner questions:
1) Can I make the addition of the question of SEVERAL groups by using this "score
question" in a group like the one you used ("DADES PERSONALS")?
2) Is the mathematical operation (adding the assessment values of all questions) ex-
clusively done by the "Set conditions for this question" dialogue?
3) Is SGQA (I think it had been mentioned in the thread) obligatory for this method of
adding assesssment values? I didn't see it involved in your survey.
4) After filling out the survey, I expected to find the score displayed on the last page
(and after that - having activated the survey before - in the database), but I was
very surprised by finding an input (!) field "score" on the last page.
I didn't see a score at the top of the page. Do the participants have to put in their
score in this score input field?!?

Thank you very much for your answer!

Struppi
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Struppi. Reason: Correction
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83153

• Ben_V
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 273
Hi Struppi,

Quickly to answer your questions:
1) {ASSESMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} = all questions (all questions groups)...
It's easy to get the asssessment score for the 1st group or all the survey, but complicated for example for each group (if you want to store the result as well)
2) Mathematical operations and conditions are independants
3) 100% SGQA based
4) The input (and the question) will be hidden and submitted automatically... If the input is displayed empty (automatic submit off) it's probably due to a SGQA error, (the normal behaviour is to get it prefilled with the total score)
:blink:
In my opinion if you are starting to manage asssessment scores and/or mathematical operations, you may use the (quiet new) 'Expression Manager' features available with LS 1.92- All other javascript workarounds mentionned in this thread were useful before such improvment, but i think 100% out of date today.
The code is easier, more integrated and not based on SGQA code...

Ben/
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Ben_V.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83154

• Struppi
  • Junior Lime
Hi, Ben,

thank you for your prompt reply!

To make it short: Is there anywhere a simple and short sample survey easy to understand where I can see how to use the Expression Manager for storing the TOTAL value (otherwise only displayable on the last page)?

Struppi

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83158

• Ben_V
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Lime
just install this short survey and have a look

File Attachment:

File Name: assess.lss
File Size: 28 KB
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Struppi

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83159

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Ben-

That's a very nice example, thanks. It shows that if you use the all-in-one mode, you can see real-time changes to the assessment score.

/To
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V, Struppi

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83160

• Ben_V
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Lime
Tom: You're (always) right.. It's a great idea to set this sample survey 'all-in-one'
Struppi: I'm sure that you've already note the useful updated links into the footer of Tom's message ;)

Ben
Benoît

Aw: Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83426

• Struppi
  • Junior Lime
Hi, Ben,

I did get it now: By the means of the "auxiliary" question ("finaltotal") at the end (and the total sum IS STORED (!) in the database - HEUREKA! :)
Thank you once again, Ben, that's GREAT!!!

I would like to display now the total sum once again in the end message.
I used the following syntax:

Tu as atteint {TOTAL} points.

However, the variable TOTAL is NOT resolved: It get a yellow rectangle TOTAL, but not the number of points (still displayed one page before!).
Where is my mistake?!?

Thank you for your answers!

Struppi

P.S.: I should have taken more simple code names for my question... :( (ex.: DEFI_2012_C_PRO_01).
I won't tell what my equation for displaying the total sum of 54 (!) questions in the "auxiliary" question looks like...

Re: Aw: Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83428

• Ben_V
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Lime
Maybe try to use {assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL} instead {TOTAL}...
Ben/

= {ASSSSSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} avec 2 "s" :evil:
Benoît

The following user(s) said Thank You: Struppi

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83429

• Struppi
  • Junior Lime
Oh no...: That was it - I'd got the wrong variable name!!! Where did I take this {TOTAL} from?!? I could have continued for hours... - thank you SOOOOO MUCH (avec un seul "o" ;-) ) !!!

Struppi

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 2 years 4 months ago #83432

• Struppi
  • Junior Lime
Hi, Ben,
hi, all the others,

I was a little bit too hasty...: I get now the variable resolved, but the behaviour is not the expected one:
Instead of the total number of points achieved, there is always the "0"!! :-(

This seems a kind of "bug"; cf. the following posting:
bugs.limesurvey.org/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5372

I didn't really understand the workaround... Which kind of assessment rules could I add that don't have any effect on the survey/the results?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Struppi
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Struppi. Reason: Correction
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Donation Image