Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question?

How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 3 months ago #62347

• iamharry
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

My organization have all employees to do checkpoint every 6 months in a year to examine their performance in work. Each employee have to complete his/her checkpoint by assessing him/herself.
I want to design a kind of survey in which a survey admin can set the weight number in each group of questions, this weight number will be multiplied with the assesessment values.
After participants commit their answers, the system can store the responses including total scores of assessment value in order that survey admin can see all the results of self assessments.

I want to supply more information about this survey's properties:

+ This is a closed-access survey
+ This survey is set to "Enable token-based response persistence"

I'm not good at php programming. I will appreciate a lot if anyone can help me
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 3 months ago #62373

• greg_d
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi,

Have you already read docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Assessments ?
Why do you want to
set the weight number in each group of questions
. Do these group weights have to change dynamically depending on some condition/value? Can you just multiply group weights by assessments values?

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 3 months ago #62378

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 240
Hi,
To store the general assessment value into the DB:
- At the end of your survey create a (hidden) short text question and paste this code (as question text) editing the SGQA value (1234X567X1694)
Score:
<script> 
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
document.getElementById('answer1234X567X1694').value = "{assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL}";
document.getElementById('display1234').style.display= "none";
document.getElementById('answer1234X567X1694').style.display= "none";
});
</script>

For the 'weight' if you are not a Javascript Guru, i think it's better to export the final results to MS-Excel to start calculating anything you want.
For statistical advanced features use SPSS or PSPP (open-source)

Ben
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Ben_V.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 3 months ago #62379

• iamharry
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Thanks for considering my case.
Why do you want to
set the weight number in each group of questions
I have two issues in this topic:

+ Storing the total assessement values in the respondents as performance scores.
+ Set the weight number on each question (sorry! i wrote "set the weight number in each group of questions"). The reasone why I want to set weight nuymber is depends on kinds of questions which will emphasize the target of the survey. For example, to asssess an employee whether he is good at working performancing or not depends on many standards or criterions including: labour productiveness, responsibility to work, relations... Each criteria will have a weight number, and this weight number will be set high or low depends on the target of the assessment.
Do these group weights have to change dynamically depending on some condition/value
I have 2 cases:
Case 1: the weights will be changed depending on previous answer or a token attribute
Case 2: the weight number of the question will be set manually by admin

Case 2 is simplier, I prefer case 2 first.

Sorry for my terrible English.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by iamharry.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 2 months ago #62413

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 788
1) assessment results are not stored in the data. To get them in the data you will need to use JavaScript as benitov points out.

2) assessment values cannot be changed dynamically. If you want dynamic results I think you will need to use some extensive JavaScript to load hidden questions instaed of assessments.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 2 months ago #63605

• mhuque07
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I am new to limesurvey. I want to create a report on the total assessment value for each user like an exam. I put the assessment mode on for the survey and placed value for each answers. I tried putting the following at the end of the questions list but I am not getting any results in the "Score" column of the reporting page.

By the way, I edited the SGQA values. I replaced 1234 with the survey number, 567 with the group number, and 1694 with the question number I placed this script with.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Score:
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
document.getElementById('answer1234X567X1694').value = "{assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL}";
document.getElementById('display1234').style.display= "none";
document.getElementById('answer1234X567X1694').style.display= "none";
});
</script>

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 2 months ago #63612

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
I tried putting the following at the end of the questions list
for getting this workaround working it suppose that your hidden (or not) question showing the {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} is not into the same Group (page) than your other questions...
So if you have:
document.getElementById('answer1234X567X1694').value = "{ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL}";
you can't get your evaluated questions inside #567 group.
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhuque07

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 2 months ago #63616

• mhuque07
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for the quick response.

I placed the script in a different group like you suggested but I still can not get the score to display. Sorry, my experience in javacript is very limited.

Would it be possible if you can give an example of the assessment values that add up and display the score? It would be great if you can export the example assessment and upload it.

Thanks again for your help.

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 2 months ago #63618

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
Here you are..
You 'll have to change the SGQA codes into the 'score' question to adapt to your data.
I'm sorry...it's a Catalan survey

File Attachment:

File Name: Assess_survey_64862.lss
File Size: 29 KB
Benoît

The following user(s) said Thank You: mhuque07, serzas

Re: How to store assessment value in the responses & weight number in the question? 3 years 2 months ago #63619

• mhuque07
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you very much. I am going to carefully examine the example survey. Appreciate all your help :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Donation Image