Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission

MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 3 years 5 months ago #61220

• cronk005
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi There-

I am trying to figure out why the date/time in the submitdate field is set to 1980-01-01 and not the actual date/time submitted.

I have tried changing the values within the MySQL database field and nothing will update. It continues to give me the same date. Is there a setting within the php code that is forcing this date?

Any thoughts would be great.

Regards,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 3 years 5 months ago #61253

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
If the survey is set to anonymous, the submitdate field will be set to 1980-01-01.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 2 years 5 months ago #80806

• sdrori
  • Fresh Lemon
what if the survey is NOT anonymous? I have an active survey, that has been recording a submit date value but suddenly stopped late last week.

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 2 years 3 months ago #82891

Hi sdrori,

just got a complaint for a user of our Limesurvey installation regarding the same issue you're reporting.

I've tracked the problem back to when I performed an upgrade to version 1.92+ Build 120517. I see that a few new versions have been released since that one so I'll perform an upgrade and hope that this has been fixed.

I'll try to post some feedback here when I'm done hoping that my report states that the issue went away.

Best regards,
Rolando Isidoro

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 1 year 10 months ago #90038

So, did the installation of a later version fix your submitdate trouble? I'm having the same issue with a recently installed 2.0. But I too may still be suffering the artifacts of the broken 1.92 that I thought I had removed all traces of.

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 1 year 10 months ago #90053

Hey ubuntourist,

thanks for reminding me, I had totally forgot about this forum thread :|

At the time I had the problem I went looking for help on the #limesurvey IRC channel on Freenode. There I was told that this was not an issue, it's a feature.

If you want the submitdate field to be populated with the correct date value you have to make sure the following parameters are set in the survey settings:
  • Notification & data management tab -> Date stamp? Responses will be date stamped;
  • Tokens tab -> Anonymized responses? This survey is NOT anonymous.

Not sure if the behavior is the same on version 2.0 though.

Best regards,
Rolando Isidoro

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 1 year 8 months ago #92190

• TechAggie
  • Fresh Lemon
I just experienced this same issue. I'm using version 1.91. I inadvertently made the survey anonymous, without realizing the implications (no data/time stamp). My questions are as follows:

1. Can I make it non-anonymous without compromising the data?
2. Do I have to deactivate first?
3. In doing so, will the original URL still direct respondents to the same web survey?

Thanks in advance . . . .great software!!

Re: MYSQL Field Showing Generic DateTime Submission 1 year 8 months ago #92252

Hi TechAggie,

not sure about all your questions, but here are my 5 cents:
  1. I think that when you deactivate/reactivate, Limesurvey automatically stores the responses on a new table, sort of a backup, so you'll still be able to access them afterwards;
  2. The survey option "Anonymized responses?" for an active survey says (Cannot be changed), I'm not sure if it can be changed if you deactivate it;
  3. If you deactivate/reactivate a given survey the URL to access it will always be the same, as the sid (Survey ID) remains the same and that's the part of the URL that distinguishes one survey from the next.

My advice to you would be to setup a development Limesurvey installation where you could test all these things safely.

Good luck, best regards,
Rolando Isidoro
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Donation Image