Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cannot use uploaded addons

Cannot use uploaded addons 3 years 4 months ago #61170

• EliYah
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,
I know the limesurvey team is very busy but I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm constructing a Public Health survey and I need to use 7-point Likert scale questions anchored with comments such as "strongly disagree" and "strongly agree" at the two ends of the scale. I realised that the 7-point Likert scale was not in the question type dropdown list. So, I looked through the addons and found a set of scaling measurements that contained Likert scale label set templates. I downloaded and imported these excel files and they show up in the uploaded resources management tab. However, I cannot use these files. I look in the label set tab and in the question type dropdown list and I cannot find them.

I have looked at the manual and the forum topics but to no avail.

The addons and my survey are both in English. I am using version 1.90. Can you please help me out? Also, I would greatly appreciate it if your answer is not a computer code as I wouldn't have a clue as what to do with it.:huh:
Thanks,
EliYah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot use uploaded addons 3 years 4 months ago #61175

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 357
I don't know that problem and I have never tried. Where is that uploaded rescources option??

If you want to import label sets, you have to import them as labesets.

Go to the labelsets administration --> "create or import new label set" --> "import labelset".

However, you don't need any "addon" for a 7 point likert scale. Just use the array flexible label and create whatever scale you want. It is probably easier anyway, as the labels for your survey are probably different to those that you will upload. So it is probably easier to create it from scratch. You follow basically the same steps as for importing one, but instead of "import labelset" you go for "create labelset" (wording might be slighty different).

In the array flexible label question type you can choose your uploaded or created labelsets.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by holch.

Re: Cannot use uploaded addons 3 years 4 months ago #61184

• EliYah
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the reply. Your flexible array suggestion was the same method that my supervisor showed me this morning.

For your question, the uploaded resources management tab is found when you select a pre-existing label set from the edit label sets tab.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image