Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Error with INSERTANS in End URL

Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 3 months ago #60852

• Tesla
  • Fresh Lemon
Getting an error with INSERTANS in an end URL.

Started with prototype survey (using V 1.91) on my local windows server and use end URL to call a php script. End URL has SID, SAVEDID and an INSERTANS for one answer. Everything works fine calling the script and all URL variables are passed.

Loaded survey onto Web host Limesurvey (exactly the same V 1.91 & Build#) system. Survey all works and the end URL passes SID and SAVEDID but not an INSERTANS variable. (Have double checked the INSERTANS(SGQA), and looked at the SQL database and they all match).

I have INSERTANS functions within questions and they work properly within the Web hosted survey. If I switch off actually calling the end URL, the survey final screen shows the URL with correct SID and SAVEDID but has var=error() for the INSERTANS answer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 2 months ago #61613

• oliver_hb
  • Fresh Lemon
Have you solved the problem?

Re: Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 2 months ago #61838

• Tesla
  • Fresh Lemon
Probably not! I eventually logged this as a Bug and it was processed and reported as fixed in 1.91 Build 10128. I have installed build 10168 and I still have the same error on a Web hosted survey.

What would be useful is if anyone who has 1.91 Build 10128 or later on a web hosted limesurvey install could see if they see the same issue or not.
Steps:
Create a simple one question test survey (e.g. ask for person's name or age etc), then create a dummy End URL (e.g.
www.nowhere.com/?var1={SID}&var2={SAVEDI...NSERTANS:sidXgidXqid}
with relevant sid gid and qid for the answer to the question put into the INSERTANS entry).
In 'General , Presentation and Navigation' set "Automatically load URL when survey complete?" to No (so that the dummy URL is not actually visited).
Run the survey and when submitted look at the reported URL.

I get the correct SID and SAVEDID reported, but error={sidXgidXqid}.

(Note:If I actually run this with a real URL, what comes across is correct SID and SAVEDID, but just an echo of the text 'var3={INSERTANS:sidXgidXqid}')

Thanks for the interest.

Re: Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 2 months ago #61876

• oliver_hb
  • Fresh Lemon
same here.

Version 1.91 Build 10120 - Updated from 1.87+
Version 1.91 Build 10120 - complete new installation
Version 1.91 Build 10168 - complete new installation

but if you go to "Edit survey settings" -> "Presentation & navigation" and enable "Participants may print answers?" the endlink with an {INSERTANS} works good! so maybe the session is destroyed in case you choose "no" but is still there if you choose "yes"?
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by oliver_hb.

Re: Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 2 months ago #61880

• Tesla
  • Fresh Lemon
Just tried your suggestion of enabling "Participants may print answers" and you are correct... the End URL now shows the correct INSERTANS information, well done! I tend to agree with you on the session probably closing prematurely, as the SID and SAVEDID are likely to be script variables, while the INSERTANS answer probably needs to be fetched back from SQL and it doesn't get completed properly.

I'll try and re-open the bug report and have this looked at again, now that you have homed in on the likely issue.

Re: Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 2 months ago #61924

• oliver_hb
  • Fresh Lemon
BUT: if you enable "Automatically load URL when survey complete?" then it will still NOT WORK. this is driving me crazy...

Re: Error with INSERTANS in End URL 3 years 2 months ago #62062

• Tesla
  • Fresh Lemon
Update: This error was flagged in a bug report and was eventually tracked down to being an issue on web installations using Linux. It is now fixed in limesurvey 1.91 build 10227+ Thanks to c_schmitz for his patience on this one.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Donation Image