Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6)

can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6) 3 years 5 months ago #60828

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Just upgraded to latests RC today. This problem did not appear right away, and I would think the problem too serious to go unnoticed until now. But I have no idea whats going on.

The problem is simply that I can't edit aswer options for my questions. First I thought it was only a problem in my dual scale question, but now I see that I goes for all my questions (the one I have tested).

I can click my way to the "edit answer options" page. But booth "predefined labels" and "quick add" does not work. I can not delte an answer option, niether can I add another. If I edit the wordings of the answers, and click save - One answer option is removed. Very strange I think? (yes: there are four answers, I click save, and now there are only three (I am not sure which answer limesurvey deletes, I think it is the one with the highest code). I click save again - and now there are only two answers...)-6

Don't know if this is related but my survey used negative codes "e.g. code: -1, answer:No ; code:1, answer: Yes". This seemed to cause limesurvey problems after the upgrade - but I fixed it and everything seemed fine until now...
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by lovepade. Reason: spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6) 3 years 5 months ago #60844

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
This problem persists. I have tried in firefox 4 and opera 11. logged in and out and in. I have tried several surveys. But I still can't edit answer options? Any debug help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely

Re: can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6) 3 years 5 months ago #60847

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
There seemed to be some problems in one of the 1.91 version. There is a new release of 1.91. Maybe you just get the latest release and see if the problem persists.

Not being able to access questions usually sounds like a jquery problem (not correctly installed, etc.).

If it persists after you have installed the latest version of 1.91, please make a bug report.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6) 3 years 5 months ago #60851

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Oh - yeah - it seems that limesurvey has reached stable in stealth? I see that theres is a 1.91 stable branch released the day after the latest RC6. Only see this now. I'll install the latest and greatest and keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers

Re: can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6) 3 years 5 months ago #60854

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
Yeah, I was a little surprised as well that there was a stable release without any information on the website.

I only found out because I told someone with a problem to see if it also appears in the latest stable release 1.9 and he told me that he had downloaded the latest as stable marked LS on Sourceforge and it was 1.91. ;-)

Hope it resolves your problem.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: can't edit answer options (1.91, RC6) 3 years 5 months ago #60858

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
The limesurveyTeam works lightning fast. My problem is resolved by stable.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image