Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register

multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60657

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Hi,
I have a few multiple numeric question types, using slider layout. I have 5 questions each with minimum value of 1, max value of 11 and initial value of 6. I have set equals sums to 30.

So 5 questions with initial value of 6 = 30. This means that if the user is satisfied with this, he or she should be able to just click "next". How ever, limesurvey does not register the inital value as an answer. The user needs to manually set all slider values to 6, making the inital value redundant.

Is this by design or is it a bug? Using latests stable version.

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60689

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 765
Which version of LS are you using. I have tested in 1.91 and the initial values work - the user can advance in the survey without touching the sliders.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60817

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
I am using 1.90+ Build 9642.

With 1.91 RC6 out - and therefore 1.96 final soon to be released, I understand that this is something not likely to be looked at. I'll upgrade to 1.91 :-)

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60818

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Nope - I just upgraded to 1.91RC6 Build 9986 and the problem is still there:

The below screenshot show a situation with four sliders, each with an initial value of 25. But as can be seen the two "control" boxes in the bottom still reports that 100 points is left, and a total of 0 point has been giving. Clearly wrong as the four sliders each have a vaue of 25.
lime_4_25_100.png

Any help is much appreciated.

(the RC6 feels a bit slow - but it might just be the connection?)

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60819

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Sorry - I don't understand computeres sometimes. If it is server or dekstop cache - or just magic... but after adjusting some things, playing around and wainting - it now works... Thanks for your patience!

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60824

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 765
Can you attach a sample survey for me to test?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60827

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
But the problem seems to be solved :-) I don't know why it didn't work right away after the upgrade - but it does now. - However - I have another problem soon to apear in thread.

(there is no way for me to mark this as "solved" is there? I can't seem to edit my first post for some reason)

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60986

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
This is strange - the problem is back - and I have no idea what has changed. I've added a javascript in another group, and for that I had to disable the XSS filter. But I am pretty sure that things worked after that...

I'll try and attach a sample survey later. But if you have any ideas, please advice me :-o

Thanks again in advance :-D

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60987

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Something strange is going on. I can't reproduce the problem in another survey with the same template?

Re: multi numeric - slider, inital value dont register 3 years 3 months ago #60993

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
The plot thickens: When I make an exact copy of the survey everything runs fine. I am really confused now. Could it be a cache problems of sorts?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image