Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Insertans

Insertans 3 years 4 months ago #60198

• cheer30
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello

I would like to insert a person's response from an Array (flexible labels) question from a round 2 survey into the round 3 survey. (So they can see how they responded to the same question in round 2.)

I am trying to do the {INSERTANS:88344X566X27271lab_mmckeeLikert} function but I am getting an error...

The previous survey id is 88344,group 566 and question 7271. Then I am not sure what to put though since is a flexible array. I've tried with the question and answer codes, label codes etc...

Suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Insertans 3 years 4 months ago #60207

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 319
So if I get this right, you try insert data from a previous survey into your current survey?

I don't think this is possible via INSERTANS. You might be able to pass this information on via the survey url or via token information. and what is this "lab_mmckeeLikert" doing there?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Insertans 3 years 4 months ago #60223

• cheer30
  • Fresh Lemon
Correct. I am trying to insert their responses from 109 flexible array questions in a previous survey into this one.

The lab_mmckeeLikert was the name of my label set I had...

How could I try doing this with the survey url or token info??

Re: Insertans 3 years 4 months ago #60225

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 319
Well, for 109 flexible array questions this will be quite complicated, I'd say.

Usually you can pass on information within the URL to be inserted into the survey, but I'd say this is not very practical for 109 questions... ;-)

The only chance I see is that you put the answers of the questions into custom variables in the token section (you can prepare a csv file and import it) and than you can access this information within your survey (have a look at the token section of the manual, it should be described there).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Insertans 3 years 4 months ago #60227

• cheer30
  • Fresh Lemon
Well....I thought that was going to work until it only allowed me to add 84 more attributes to the token table...I need 109...

Re: Insertans 3 years 2 months ago #63372

• cheer30
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm still having to do a lot of extra manual labor due to only being able to add 84 token attributes. Anyone have an updated idea of how to get around this?

Re: Insertans 3 years 2 months ago #63375

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Brainstorming here, could you
(1) create a round 3 survey which contains all of round 2 + the extra questions you want in round 3
(2) activate the round 3 survey so that it creates the appropriate database table
(3) copy the data from round 2 into the round 3 table so that you have all the desired prior responses
(4) when the users start round 3 (perhaps even using their credentials from round 2), have the survey jump to the start of round 3?

Re: Insertans 3 years 2 months ago #63395

• cheer30
  • Fresh Lemon
I had a similar thought last night. If I am understanding you correctly I would basically have the old round 2 survey as well as the round 3 survey in round 3. But then set it so when they start the survey at the round 3 questions.

How would I do that in the survey setup?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image