Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Date entries issues

Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #58957

• CarlSeiler
  • Fresh Lemon
Using v 1.90+ on paid limequery service to enter paper-based surveys. I'm finding that one question even though set to Date as question type has a couple of questions.

1) When entering date on data entry screen, cannot easily type in date. Even though I managed somehow to get it set to MM/DD/YYYY format, it seems to want periods (.) as the delimeter, and this is unnatural for our data entry. Can we specify slashes (/) instead? It seems to ignore those.

2) Even though date range is set to 1901 min to 2011 max, the data entry screen only allows dates from 2001 to 2021 on the calendar date picker. Is this a problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #58958

• CarlSeiler
  • Fresh Lemon
I think the date format is more off than I thought. It recorded 11.15.1955 as 11.03.1956 which makes me think it's maybe recording them as dd.mm.yyyy instead of the desired format.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #58983

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 688
You can set the date format in the survey settings:

Untitled-1_2011-03-30.jpg
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59006

• CarlSeiler
  • Fresh Lemon
Date format is specified as mm/dd/yyyy, so I don't think that's it. I assume you're talking about the Surevey Settings|General tab then clicking on Save and Continue at the bottom. (This is tough to find as I expect to see all of the options when I'm looking at things and that one is hidden until you click save and continue). If that's not where you're talkin about, please give me exact instructions on how to find it.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59008

• CarlSeiler
  • Fresh Lemon
OK, the setting seems to affect only the full-featured survey, not the data entry screen. So June 20, 1960 is entered as 06/20/1968 on the main survey, but on the data entry screen it must be entered as 20.06.1968. I'm not sure which is going to be faster for us to use, but I think that could lead to some entry errors on the data entry version.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59009

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I assume you're talking about the Surevey Settings|General tab...
Yes, that's what I mean.
OK, the setting seems to affect only the full-featured survey, not the data entry screen.
This would seem to be a bug. In my opinion, the date format setting should control both survey submissions and manual data entry for a given survey (that's why it's survey-specific).

Please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...

1. Give as much information as possible

2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.

3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59019

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 719
tpartner wrote:
This would seem to be a bug. In my opinion, the date format setting should control both survey submissions and manual data entry for a given survey (that's why it's survey-specific).
I 'm not sure, date format change for each langage.

Maybe it's the user choice ( /admin/admin.php?action=personalsettings ) to have the "last word".

Then a french user can use dd/mm/yy and an english user in the same survey mm.dd.yy .

CarlSeiler can you test with changing in personnal settings please ? (click on your name at the first line in admin age)

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59021

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Maybe it's the user choice
I don't think the data-entry format should be a user choice. I think it should be the same as the survey submission data to keep consistent data.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59024

• CarlSeiler
  • Fresh Lemon
Shnoulle, that is it. It seems that the data entry is based on user settings.

tpartner, the data is consistent probably as the data is saved as a date value of some sort and not as a string I would guess.

Re: Date entries issues 3 years 3 weeks ago #59078

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
Just to check if I got this right: You can set a dateformat for surveys like YYYY-MM-DD while having another personal date setting (bound to the login name?) that can differ like DD.MM.YYYY?

That would be really strange and I would think that at the data entry screen the survey date format should be used but this doesn't seem to be the case?!

In general it doesn't matter because the internal storage at the database is fixed, but I find this behavior a little irritating.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image