Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to add more than one answer at a time

How to add more than one answer at a time 3 years 3 months ago #58788

• bkgirl1313
  • Fresh Lemon
I am trying to set up a survey for my school for superlatives. I am trying to design it so that all the students names are in a drop down box. I started by making a question and adding a few answers in drop down format. Then I exported the question and opened it up with wordpad. I then simply added more answers but kept all the formatting text that was before and after it the same as the questions above (yes, I changed the code and sort value for each line). When I save the question, again as a csv, and upload it, it never works! Is there another way to input multiple answers so that I don't have to input 150 all one at a time? or do you have any idea why this is not working for me? Thank you for any help or suggestions!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to add more than one answer at a time 3 years 3 months ago #58794

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
In the version 1.9x (maybe also in 1.87, but I am not sure) there is the option "quick add", where you can copy and paste a list of items (in your case the students names).

On the other hand, exporting the question, modifying it and importing it again should work as well. However, seems like you have a older version because I think the newer versions don't use the csv format anymore.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: How to add more than one answer at a time 3 years 3 months ago #58797

• bkgirl1313
  • Fresh Lemon
We are using version 1.86. Can you walk me through (via replying here) how you find the "quick add" on the other versions so I can make sure that I'm not completely missing it? :)

Re: How to add more than one answer at a time 3 years 3 months ago #58798

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
I am quite sure that the quick add is not available in version 1.86. I would recommend updating, because Limesurvey has improved quite a lot since then.

To see if "quick add" is what you are looking for, you can go to the demo (www.limesurvey.org/en/demo). Login data is available on the page.

- Create new survey
- Create new group
- Create question "List dropdown"
- "edit answer options..."
- On the bottem left of the edit answer screen are two buttons. The right button is "Quick add".
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: How to add more than one answer at a time 3 years 3 months ago #58835

• bkgirl1313
  • Fresh Lemon
That is exactly what I was looking for! Even though the site was in German (I think it was German) and I couldn't get it in English, I knew enough to get to the drop down area for answers and after a few incorrect clicks, I found what you were talking about. Thanks so much! Hopefully we can do an update and this will work for next year!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image