Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on

PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on 3 years 5 months ago #58495

Good Day,

Issue 1
So getting the following error every 10-30 minutes. Basically I get logged out from the admin section, and the following error is displayed:
[18-Mar-2011 02:59:13] PHP Warning:  Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0
[18-Mar-2011 02:59:13] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I've checked if someone else was experiencing similar problems, and found the following two threads

www.limesurvey.org/de/forum/installation...e-issues/45614-error
www.limesurvey.org/fr/forum/development/29666-error

Both of those suggest that there is a 'disc full' error. However when checking with my hosting company, I see the following.

1) Hard Drive space is abundant:

2) My hosting company allows unlimited SQL databases:

3) The current database is really small:

Issue 2
This might be related to the above problem. But since I've gotten the top error, I can not save survey data from any NEW surveys. If I complete an existing one, it's fine. But if I try to complete a new survey (created during the error/ from scratch after the error) I get presented with an error right after the welcome screen. [And of course I get an e-mail sent that shows that an error has occurred]

Any ideas?

For Reference:

Using Limesurvey Version 1.90+ Build 9642.
Running on MySql.
Running on Linux.

[Sorry for the use of images, but hopefully they'll help]
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Twinduct404.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on 3 years 5 months ago #58502

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
1. Please contact your provider about the disk space problem. Maybe they allow you to fill 1000MB but the disk may still be full if it is a shared hosting.

2. Please run the database integrity check, maybe the table to store results wasn't created properly or some reference is missing.
You might have to re-create that survey from scratch.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on 3 years 5 months ago #58516

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 799
Hello,

Maybe you can try another session.savepath, or use the session DB.

To change the session.save_path, i think it's in htaccess, but refer it to your provider (like Mazi say :) )

Re: PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on 3 years 5 months ago #58522

Thanks Mazi And Shnoulle.

I phoned my hosting company, they claim that the 1 gig has been 'allocated' to me. However when I re-uploaded the script files (to do a clean install), the server went down after every 5-10Mb that was sent. I think they have a terrible aggressive disc-sharing system.

The problem also became more recurrent as I was doing different testing.

Database integrity ran fine, with zero errors.

So going to test it on another hosting company. Will report back, hopefully this will be resolved.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Re: PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on 3 years 4 months ago #58972

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the previous response, I've hosted it another provider and did not encounter any of the problems I had with the previous host.
Even though the host still claims that my space was pre-allocated to me, it's pretty obvious that they weren't a 100% sure of what they are talking about.

Re: PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on 3 years 4 months ago #59087

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Which host did you use without success?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Donation Image