Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck?

Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck? 3 years 5 months ago #57673

• StuTheQ
  • Junior Lime
Hello!

Rather than adding on to my previous post regarding Multiple Short Text Questions, I thought it might be better to open a new topic (nothing found on Forum or Google) - I hope that's OK.

It seems that, unlike with Long Free Text or Huge Free Text questions, the Spellcheck tool doesn't function in Short Text questions (Single or Multiple).

I looked closely at the "Validation" function but this just seems to define the answer text format Ex. US phone number, zip code etc.

Is there a way of implementing the Spellcheck tool so that the survey participant's answer text in Short Text questions is spellchecked? (and in particular with the Multiple Short Text Question format, which is my specific need)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

StuTheQ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck? 3 years 5 months ago #57675

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 766
What Spellcheck tool?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck? 3 years 5 months ago #57681

• StuTheQ
  • Junior Lime
Errr... this one? :blush: (please see attached file with screenshots)
Attachments:

Re: Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck? 3 years 5 months ago #57683

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I don't believe that's a LimeSurvey function, I think it's an addon to your browser.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuTheQ

Re: Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck? 3 years 5 months ago #57684

• StuTheQ
  • Junior Lime
Yup... I just came to the same embarassing conclusion... :blush: (told you that I was totally zero!)

Sorry to have wasted your time, Tony.

Thanks again.

StuTheQ

Re: Short Text Questions (Single and Multiple): absence of Spellcheck? 3 years 5 months ago #57685

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
No problem, there's no such thing as a bad question.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image