Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file.

This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56685

• waitz
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I get a new strange error. I tried to copy an existing and working survey, but get the error: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file.

I also tried to export and import, and I get the same error. I have exported and imported several times before, without any problems, so I am surprised that this happened now...

I checked the data integrity on the top tool bar, and it was fine.

What can I do..?
Version 1.91+ Build 11232 | PHP 5.3.9 | MySQL 5.1.56 |
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56694

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Does the problem show up when importing a survey that you just exported and did neither edit nor open at all?

Can you reproduce the problem with every survey?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56710

• waitz
  • Gold Lime
Hi

No, it seems to be connected to this survey. I created a new one, and I could copy and export/import it. It is just strange that I get the error now, which I haven't gotten before. Hmmm, wonder what I might have done...

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56712

• waitz
  • Gold Lime
I exported the survey to xml, and compared it in winmerge with an earlier version of the survey. I see in the new one that there are many incidents of:

between lines, which are not in the old one. Can this be the cause, and do you know what it might be about?

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56715

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
This might be the cause if these additional characters break the XML structure.

I have never seen this though so I wonder where this comes from. Did you copy-paste content from MS Word?
Anything else that is special with this survey?

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56721

• waitz
  • Gold Lime
No, I have only copied content from dreamweaver, if anything. I have made some changes since the last survey I have that works on import, but not structural things...

I tried to remove the characters and import it to Limesurvey again, but I could not import xml files, I understand?

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56722

• waitz
  • Gold Lime
I have found it... I added a SSL trust logo on the welcoming page, and it has a script:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var tl_loc0=(window.location.protocol == "https:")? "https://secure.comodo.net/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js" :
"http://www.trustlogo.com/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js";
document.writeln('<scr' + 'ipt language="JavaScript" src="'+tl_loc0+'" type="text\/javascript">' + '<\/scr' + 'ipt>');
//]]>
When I remove the whole thing, it works.
It doesn't help to remove the commenting // at the beginning and the end, which I don't know why they are not there. But is CDATA not allowed?
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by waitz.

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56726

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 766
The CDATA is for very strict XHTML validation. It is commented out to hide it from old browsers that don't understand it. However, I don't think it is commented out quite correctly. Additionally I don't see any closing of the <script> tag. I think the whole thing should look like:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
	/*<![CDATA[*/
		var tl_loc0=(window.location.protocol == "https:")? "https://secure.comodo.net/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js" :
		"http://www.trustlogo.com/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js";
		document.writeln('<scr' + 'ipt language="JavaScript" src="'+tl_loc0+'" type="text\/javascript">' + '<\/scr' + 'ipt>');
	/*]]>*/
</script>

Having said that, the JavaScript imported from "trust logo" may be causing problems. Should you trust it ? :)
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56731

• waitz
  • Gold Lime
He he, trust or not to trust ;)
I will take it up with the trustlogo company.

Thanks

Re: This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file. 3 years 6 months ago #56738

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks for your feedback. As said, the CDATA probably irritates the import and breaks the structure.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Donation Image