Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Allow public to click through survey without answering questions

Allow public to click through survey without answering questions 3 years 7 months ago #56019

• m_era
  • Fresh Lemon
My survey is currently embedded into my wordpress site, see
ethicalriskappetite.com/scenario-work/ (the survey is called Testing the Waters - exploring business ethics attitudes).
At the moment, I wanted visitors to the website to be able to just click through the survey, even if they don't answer questions. I have removed 'mandatory' on all the questions in the survey. The red star is gone, but when I try to click through the survey, I still get the comment 'you have to click one of the answers before clicking on Next'. I checked whether I need to embed a new link, but could not find anything to that effect either.
Any advice?
thanks
Marianne
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Allow public to click through survey without answering questions 3 years 7 months ago #56033

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
What's the URL to the survey?

You probably set a question attribute like "min answers" for a certain question so that at least X options have to be ticked.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Allow public to click through survey without answering questions 3 years 7 months ago #56055

• m_era
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Mazi
thanks so much. Here is the URL:
ethicalriskappetite.com/limesurvey/index.php?sid=48292&lang=en

I tried to change global settings (e.g. the 'how many questions for array headings to reappear) but it did not do anything.

will be great to hear what teh solutions could be. thanks.

Re: Allow public to click through survey without answering questions 3 years 7 months ago #56057

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
This has nothing to do with the global settting you were metioning. This is something that you have enabled in the first question. As Mazi mentioned, you probably have set the minimum answer attribute.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: m_era

Re: Allow public to click through survey without answering questions 3 years 7 months ago #56061

• m_era
  • Fresh Lemon
thanks for your help, I managed to resolve it. fascinating to get the hang of this tool.

Re: Allow public to click through survey without answering questions 3 years 7 months ago #56064

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
m_era wrote:
thanks for your help, I managed to resolve it. fascinating to get the hang of this tool.
You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Donation Image