Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IP and timeout

IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55282

Hey fellow limes :P

i have a couple of questions.

1) is it possible to get the IP adress within the respond email, and not only in the datacontrol.?? if yes how?? i have looked for an answer but not found any

2) is it possible to set a timeout to the survey?? like when the page is closed and after say 15 min? im sure it is but how and where??

thanx a lot :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55283

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 827
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55285

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
Not sure what you want to do exactly for 1). Could you describe this a little bit more in detail? E.g., what do you mean with "respond email"?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by holch.

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55290

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
When sending notification of a submitted survey, only "real" survey data is included, meta data like IP address is not included. This ahs to be doen by editing the source code that is responsible for sending email notifications.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55371

okay.. thanx for the time link.. wasn't able to find it :)

about the IP problem..
i can see the problem about the "real" info and so on.. but do anyone know what snip of code has be changed?? and into what..??

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55393

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Have a look at this file. /limesurvey/index.php. There is a function called "function SendSubmitNotifications()", somewhere around line 2060.

If you are interested in paid development you can ping me at marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org. Should be no big deal to include the IP address as well.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55415

Mazi wrote:
Have a look at this file. /limesurvey/index.php. There is a function called "function SendSubmitNotifications()", somewhere around line 2060.

If you are interested in paid development you can ping me at marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org. Should be no big deal to include the IP address as well.

I really appriciate the help but i don't want to pay for the help..
isn't it against the rules to ask for payments for help in here
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by nallenilfisk.

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55424

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
No one will force you to pay for any help here, all support is free. I just mentioned this because not all Limesurvey users are able to code/change a feature themselves and if they urgently need it, advanced support would be an option.

The whole software is given to you for free and we develop all that in our free time. Some developers earn some money by offering paid development to make a living but no one will be forced to pay for anything.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: IP and timeout 3 years 10 months ago #55443

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
Hi Nallenilfisk,

I think you understood Mazi wrong.

The support that you receive here in the forum is totally free - always was - always will be.

However, support in this forum can only go to a certain point. The software is free of charge as is the support that you receive from the forum members that do this voluntarily and spend quite a bit of their spare time here in the forum. Especially Mazi is one of those that spend a lot of time and dedication to the support in the forum.

But as I said, this free support can only go to the point that the forum members are willing to go. Especially when it comes to custom coding there is a lot of time involved. So some of the forum members do offer adavanced support, in case someone needs some custom coding, but is not able to do so inhouse. I think this is a big plus of the forum, because at the end of the day it is probably a lot cheaper to contract someone who is actively involved in Limesurvey and has active contact to the other developers than contracting someone who has no clue of Limesurvey and has still to get passed the learning curve.

And then there is an other point: this software is open source AND free of charge. However, a project like Limesurvey, that can substitute pretty expensive commercial software depends on the re-contribution of the users to survive, be it a donation, be it development or helping out in the support forums. Thus I see no problem in offering payed advanced support nor in asking for donations.

Unfortunately not enough people that use Limesurvey donate either money or their time to the project. Otherwise Limesurvey would be already way ahead. And donating can be simple. It doesn't need to be money, it can be contributing a new feature, update the documentation wiki pages, translations, help out in the forum, etc.

Open source doesn't mean just free software, it also means to contribute.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image